Title: "How To Win The Engine Masters Challenge"
Guest: Joe Sherman
Length: 70 min.
Show # 54
About the Guest: Joe Sherman Racing won the inaugural 2002 Popular Hot Rodding Engine Masters Challenge http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/ by trumping 11 other small blocks with his 365-inch Chevy. Joe posted a peak horsepower of 613.3 and peak torque of 528. www.joeshermanracing.com
About the Show:
- Tell us about winning the engine masters challenge. (your story, how it felt, how you did it, etc)
- What do you see as the keys to winning the challenge?
- How do we pick the right engine?
- How do we prepare for the event?
- How do we get the most out of our engine on testing day?
- As it relates to building for the engine masters challenge, give us your thoughts on the following engine components:
- Cylinder Heads
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust System
- Oiling System
- Cooling System
- Ignitions System
- Any other components we should address?
- Again, as it relates to building for the engine masters challenge, give us your thoughts on the following topics:
- Bore / Stroke
- Air Flow
- Machine work
- What would you say is the best kept secret in making more power on pump gas?
- What are some pitfalls our listeners should be on the lookout for, and how can they avoid them?
- What do you see as the trends for winning future engine master challenges?
- What final words of wisdom do you have for our listeners?