NASCAR Truck engies on a road course

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass
Re: NASCAR Truck engies on a road course

Post by hoffman900 »

Warp Speed wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:24 am In 2004 the cup engines were turning 10k plus. I was doing the Arca deal with a then 17 year old Kyle Busch. We had a flat tappet Cup engine in the car doing development for the Cup series. We raced Pocono with a 4.33 gear and a .91 overdrive turning 10,400 in every gear. That is until we got taken out near the end, on a restart by a field filler! Lol
That was pretty much the end of an era, as Nascar implemented a gear rule shortly there after.
The RPM flashes you seen in the truck deal were mainly from the poorer quality telemetry vs Cup, and the many obstacles (overhead bridges ect) at the Cota track interrupting the signal.
The TV has access to this stuff but you guys on pit wall don’t?

Obviously I know you can download it after the session.
-Bob
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

hoffman900 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:45 am
Warp Speed wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:24 am In 2004 the cup engines were turning 10k plus. I was doing the Arca deal with a then 17 year old Kyle Busch. We had a flat tappet Cup engine in the car doing development for the Cup series. We raced Pocono with a 4.33 gear and a .91 overdrive turning 10,400 in every gear. That is until we got taken out near the end, on a restart by a field filler! Lol
That was pretty much the end of an era, as Nascar implemented a gear rule shortly there after.
The RPM flashes you seen in the truck deal were mainly from the poorer quality telemetry vs Cup, and the many obstacles (overhead bridges ect) at the Cota track interrupting the signal.
The TV has access to this stuff but you guys on pit wall don’t?

Obviously I know you can download it after the session.
Truck and Xfinity no. I'm not sure what is available to the teams live during the Cup race. The capability is there for sure, just not sure how much Nascar allows live to the teams.
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Yes i did Warpspeed, I am sure Larson was thinking i appreciate that boys LOL, and then used that HMS Engine to make a gap . Mark H.
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

I saw the end,2 guys fighting for the lead and let open for Larson
arlancam509

Post by arlancam509 »

RCJ wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:42 am Wow 10,000 you would think that would twist the rear end out of the truck.
i see what you did there...

:lol:
° alt+0176 °