2 heads better than 1 - power porting E7TE iron.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Re: 2 heads better than 1 - power porting E7TE iron.

Post by Carnut1 »

Now I understand, like the 185 casting that I have flowing 315 cfm with a minimum of cc's removed. Gotcha. Thanks, Charlie
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

289nate wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:22 pm The point of the comparison in the video was what the difference was in how Vizzard approaches a cylinder head compared to industry standard. He “proved” that in his test.

My point is that one shouldn’t get excited about these cast iron cylinder heads when MUCH cheaper aftermarket castings can accomplish the same thing and more. Unless you can do the work yourself it’s money poorly spent Been there done that as I explained.

My opinion is that they are cool but not practical for 99% building a performance engine. Also pointing out the difference between power and as it relates to engines for a street strip fun toy which almost always has an aftermarket overdrive transmission these days. Take the test for what it is meant to be.

Did I see the more scienced out max effort version of a stock ported head 306 lower rpm build on pump gas? Of course I did. It would be great in my cruiser ‘64 Falcon convertible. Have I seen what stock head classes have done with “stock” 289/302 in-line valve heads with a few thousand into them? Of course I have. Now put the same attention into aftermarket heads with an overdrive friendly rpm range and gearing. It will be night and day.
I think the point is that if you already have an engine with these heads and "you" port them as he teaches then you can gain power for basically the cost of gaskets. I think it's more about what you could do and less about what you should do.

Something this guy has done with multiple Fox Bodys and junk yard parts. https://www.youtube.com/user/50tussin/playlists
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
289nate
Expert
Expert

Post by 289nate »

I’ve known Rodney on the net since way before the LTD. Love what he does! But look how much he picked up with the ported flow techs David did for him over the iron heads. Wow!!!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

289nate wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:40 pm I’ve known Rodney on the net since way before the LTD. Love what he does! But look how much he picked up with the ported flow techs David did for him over the iron heads. Wow!!!
Yes the info is useful regardless of what heads you start with... Thats the point of starting with a non performance head to show what gains are possible through port work.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!