No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Re: EMC 2016

Post by Barry_R »

If you factor Carrols for cubes it would be +/- 2638

Maybe they could come up with a factor for the different classes based on winners scores and have a Friday overall final for glory shots?

Vintage was 2785
Big block was 2638
Small block was 2926

Take the best winner and give the other guys a percentage handicap to level them out - vintage gets +/-5% added on Friday, Big Block gets +/-11%

Nobody would sandbag cuz they need to win class to compete on Friday.
Sponsor cost stays the same - one less class payout but one finals bonus added.
One winner gets to double up for some real rock star money.

If three finalist ain't enough you could bring in the six 1-2 guys. Or pull a wild card out of a hat. Or?
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy »

just like to add the other mopar that ran in the big block spec class scored a 1209.it was skmfx a team from Canada
BradH
Guru
Guru

Post by BradH »

bigdaddy wrote:just like to add the other mopar that ran in the big block spec class scored a 1209.it was skmfx a team from Canada
I think that's Jesse Robinson, who posts here as RAMM. So, where did his 1209 end up in the rankings?
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

He was third - and right on the heels of the 2nd place entry.
Survival Motorsports

RAMM
Expert
Expert

Post by RAMM »

I think that's Jesse Robinson, who posts here as RAMM. So, where did his 1209 end up in the rankings?
Barry_R wrote:He was third - and right on the heels of the 2nd place entry.
Hey Brad! That's me, also Hi Barry, did not get a chance to come over and say hello.

Joe C and PowerShop scored 1242 pts

Atlas Performance (Brad Bowers of R.E.D. another EMC veteran) scored 1213 pts

SKMFX Engines (Us Canadians) scored an absolutely whiteknuckled, nail biting 1209 pts. Lots coulda , woulda, shoulda over here believe me. Realistically we knew Powershop would be all but impossible to outscore. Coming so close to a second place "in the money" finish is something I will probably kick myself about for at least the next ten years or so. Coming in 3rd with a Mopar Bigblock against the Chevys is still a thrill though-just shoulda worked harder. Congrats Joe C and everyone else who even made the show. As it stands it feels pretty darn good as Canadians to snag a 3rd place finish in the EngineMaster's Challenge. J.Rob
New and improved website under construction.Check the blog for relevant info
http://skmfxengines.blogspot.com/
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

Did they ever get the nitrous deal run off?
Have not heard anything...
Survival Motorsports

GregGood
Expert
Expert

Post by GregGood »

The head porter at SAM said they won it.
Mummert
Expert
Expert

Post by Mummert »

We were interested in to see the Nitrous, but we had to fly out yesterday. We had a good time. The motor ran like a top. We made one jet change and then worked on keeping temps under control. Needed to have a bit more steam early on but not much. 331 cu in. Pk power was 550hp Tq 482 our score was 2716.
Ted did a great job with his build and pulled out a 2785 score take the win. (Our motor didn't win, but the heads, manifold, and rockers did) so its good either way.
Royce gets the Iron Man award for making up about half the field with entries. I think hes on to something with his his MEL, gotta a lot of attention and showed some good power potential.
Mummert Machine and Development 4 stroke hp
Mummert Y-blocks
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Barry_R wrote:Did they ever get the nitrous deal run off?
Have not heard anything...
I don't know the exact point numbers but, in the Nitrous class SAM was the winner and Atlas Performance finished second with LS engines. Corey Short finished third, right on their heels just 18 points behind, with a small block Mopar that he put together in the last 12 days like any NA engine with whatever parts he had on hand to just kinda fill-in the class a bit. (Looked like an engine pulled right out of an earlier Dodge vehicle).
That little Mopar actually made more horsepower than one of the LS engines but, the torque was a bit behind.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

The social media coverage is pretty light right now. They had 2 or 3 shots of stuff from day 1, and a couple brief articles from vintage day 2, and a 30 second video of them handing Joe C his big block check. No listing of entries, engines they brought, placement - and no idea who won nitrous if not for the comments here.
Survival Motorsports

Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

The BB class had a spread of only 98 pts. top to bottom. It also had variety. Not all BBC's.
We are looking at changing a few of the rules to tighten it up a little for next year.
I've been ask to put a few options out there. I'm thinking head and intake carb area.
Joe didn't run as much compression as he could have so compression is not an area to balance the field.
Let's hear what the brain trust of Speed Talk has to say, And I mean you too, Barry R.
On the technical side of EMC I think we had a very nice program this year, despite the computer glitches and a couple of other distractions.
As of now I see Vintage and BB spec class being in Next years program.
There might be some big changes in Small Block class.
PRI will let the cat out of the bag on the rules.
They will not be a final draft, but they will be a good solid outline of what will be happening.
Looking forward to next year.
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
adgersperf@aol.com e-mail
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Adger Smith wrote:The BB class had a spread of only 98 pts. top to bottom. It also had variety. Not all BBC's.
We are looking at changing a few of the rules to tighten it up a little for next year.
I've been ask to put a few options out there. I'm thinking head and intake carb area.
Joe didn't run as much compression as he could have so compression is not an area to balance the field.
Let's hear what the brain trust of Speed Talk has to say, And I mean you too, Barry R.
On the technical side of EMC I think we had a very nice program this year, despite the computer glitches and a couple of other distractions.
As of now I see Vintage and BB spec class being in Next years program.
There might be some big changes in Small Block class.
PRI will let the cat out of the bag on the rules.
They will not be a final draft, but they will be a good solid outline of what will be happening.
Looking forward to next year.
I have a few thoughts which I let be known there however, they seemed to fall upon deaf ears.
Keep a lot of those "spec" class rules which tend to level the playing field.
1. While every brand can have their "spec" head ... allow any valve size which can be fitted using the as manufactured valve seat inserts within that head in question as long as the stem diameter size remains.
2. Better clarify the oil pan rules.
3. Allow flat tappet solid lifters as well as hydraulic roller lifters with a valve lift spec.
4. O.E.M Production engine blocks only.
5. Allow gear camshaft drives ... as long as they fit within an O.E.M. front cover.
6. Allow single stage external wet sump oil pumps.
7. Allow larger carburetion with 2-plane, 180 degree intake manifolds such as some kind of Tri-Power set up.

I have a bunch more but, they would all rely on what other class rules are already there.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

Thanks, Randy. Mucho appreciated. The comments are not on deaf ears, atleast I'm not deaf.. After some real issues with the administration of the rules I have been ask to help. There will be only 2 others & they are not editor's or writers involved with Hot Rod. Another change will be when th Q&A comes on line for 2017 All Questions & Answers will be posted for public vewing. Thank you for your input. I was thinking about the valve change in the Spec classes. How about all engines can use up to the valve size of the biggest legal head, any engine in competition?? IE: a BBC has 2.19/1.88 as the largest valve size. Barry's FE can up size his 2.09 intakes to any size that he can get in the head up to 2.19. (same rule on exaust) I can't police the seat specs or it would be extremely hard to do. I would go for letting down sizing of Ex be done the same way. Smallest valve of any legal head listed. Still no welding or Epoxy.
I agree on the pans. No fabricated Aluminum or Full Length Box pans. Is that OK for a start?
Adger Smith
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

Remember we want minimal changes to the class to allow what is already built to be able to compete in 2017 & tighten up the competition.
Adger Smith
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

Silly me for assuming that the whole IAT sensor issue would be fixed along with the WinDyn "upgrade"". Guys. It is rediculous that the sun shines on the roof and the dyno thinks the air temp is 93* F outside. The guys who ran after lunch got a 1.08 CF while the engine is still breathing in 74 degree air. The moron who runs in the morning ( that's me!) gets 1.053 cf. it's hard to put all this time and effort in which totally neglects the family. And you don't even know if you'll be plus or minus 3% of the rest of the field just based on the running order. The first thing that needs to be fixed is THIS! The second thing is I don't care if the rules say we have to run purple heads. Just as long as we all get the same rules.

C. Henderson