New guy on the block

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

beaker60

New guy on the block

Post by beaker60 »

Well,,,I have spent the last 3 days reading a lot of the posts.I found this sight because of very good friend of mine,,,whom,I would venture a guess,,,most of you know,,,but what he told me was the honest to God truth,,,there are some of the smartest people in the world on this sight.I can guarantee one thing,,,I will never post anything on this sight,,outside of a question.I was under the impression that I had a firm grip on the automotive world,,,but after reading a lot of posts on here,,,I firmly believe that I am a third grade dummy.I'm too old to back to college and learn all of this engineering stuff,,,so if no one minds,,,I'll just stay over in the corner and on my paper,,,and every once in awhile ask a question and keep my mouth shut.I don't even begin to have the right to roll a toolbox,,,,,,,,YOW,,you guys are smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Y BE AVG
Pro
Pro

Re: New guy on the block

Post by Y BE AVG »

Welcome to the site.
Corey Clayton
Clayton Racing Engines 630.532.4052
Stocking WD for DART/AFR/Trickflow/Callies/Compstar/SCAT/CP-Carrillo/Mahle/PAC springs
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

ImageImage Welcome aboard, beaker60! Another retired guy here. Yes, there are lots of knowledgeable folks here at Speed Talk. Great site...... I learn from them every time I stop by.

Happy Motoring,

Harry
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

I was under the impression that I had a firm grip on the automotive world,,,but after reading a lot of posts on here,,,I firmly believe that I am a third grade dummy.
That puts you ahead of 90% of the online automotive world.
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars
Engines Unlimited

Post by Engines Unlimited »

Welcome, we always learn more with our ears and eyes than we will ever with our mouth. Enjoy the site. :D
machine shop tom
Guru
Guru

Post by machine shop tom »

The more I don't post here, the better-informed I become.

tom
Pray for a secular future.

We used to speak to tell things , now they tell things to speak.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
tony schmale

Post by tony schmale »

beaker60 you are correct. They're are some of the most brilliant people in this industry on this site. They're are also a few that need to ask Santa for Hooked On Phonics this Christmas. I have found this site to be a wealth of information and have even made a few new friends. I am a strong advocate for the sharing of information in our industry. I think it makes us all stronger. I certainly appreciate the information I have received in response to questions I've had. I also read threads here occasionally that leave me in a brain overload condition and feeling pretty stupid. To the true gurus of this industry I thank you for sharing even a little of your knowlege with the rest of us.
Tony Schmale
Tony's Machine
Marysville, KS