Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: Whale Wars: Best show on TV

Post by CamKing »

Whitewater Racer wrote: Is it just me OR does that seem pretty underhanded??
It's just B2Paul being his normal stupid self.
The guy hasn't had an original thought in his life.
He takes this whale hunting personally.
All that useless blubber reminds him of his girl friend.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

The WWF estimates that 90% of non-natural whale deaths are due to collisions with ships, followed by "by-catch," whales becoming caught in nets, and then lastly, by fishing.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-s ... 11993.html

I guess the World Wildlife Fund is just a big group of whale haters too.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

CamKing wrote:
Whitewater Racer wrote: Is it just me OR does that seem pretty underhanded??
It's just B2Paul being his normal stupid self.
The guy hasn't had an original thought in his life.
He takes this whale hunting personally.
All that useless blubber reminds him of his girl friend.
I just laughed myself silly! :lol:
GURU is only a name.
Adam
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Maybe I just insulted your family because they were black. :roll:
Sea Shepherd has based many of its operations out of Australia with foreign crew members being able to travel in and out of the country on tourist visas.[36] Tasmanian Greens and the Greens Senator Bob Brown, have endorsed and supported the Society in various ways, including advocacy within the Australian government and public endorsement of the group.
The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society is a non-profit organization based in the U.S., but the government that backs them is Australia. It's your Kevin Rudd that says Australia is going to go after the Japanese for sinking the Sea Shepherds speed boat.(god, that was great TV)

On the Sea Shepherd's crews that are going after the Japanese Minke whaling, 7 are from the U.S. 7 from Australia, 6 from the UK, and the rest from other nations.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

OK Kangaroo Jack, if you say so.
Um, by the way, Keven Rudd was your Prime Minister up until a month ago, so when he said Australia was going after the Japanese whalers, I'm going to have to believe him, over some piss-ant tree hugger like you.

BTW, which part of this was hard for your little brain to understand?
"Tasmanian Greens and the Greens Senator Bob Brown, have endorsed and supported the Society in various ways, including advocacy within the Australian government and public endorsement of the group"

Admit it, stupid eco-terrorists are the pride and joy of Australia. We figured that out, shortly after you started posting.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Glad to so you still haven't discovered logic in your part of the world.

You may want to get your little kangaroo arse up off you whale of a girl friend and go check to see where the Sea shepherd ships are stationed. IT ain't the USA.

You've proved over and over again, that you're one of the stupidest people on this board, and with every post you prove it again.

I can't wait for your next ignorant response where you ignore all logic, and every fact. Please keep us all entertained with your ignorance. It's better then most comedies on TV right now, and a lot more predictable.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

I can see its been an iteresting weekend.

Any body care to donate a few $$$ to but the anti whalers a few torpedos and anti ship mines??? I'm in for a $20......... =D> :lol:
redsmokin57
Pro
Pro

Post by redsmokin57 »

I see on the sea shepards website that they also freed 800 blue fin tuna from the floating cages in libya,fended off the italian fishing crew with 8 litres of rotten butter LOL Saw one episode of wale wars where they were teaching the green young crew how to launch the RIB at speed. Boat hit the water before the davits hook was detached causing it take on the bow wave water from the ship and be dragged alongside quite dangerously. Some young dill then proceed to try and help the stricken crew of the RIB with a boat hook,but in his mad rush he has dented the blade of the helicopter on board with said boat hook causing some astronomical repair bill for a new rotor blade as copter was now grounded. That one show for me clearly showed how dangerous of a situation this captain is placing young backpackers in as makeshift crew on a ship, They should not be allowed to set sail with such inexperience and incompetence on board.
Cheers Steve
Steve Menso
57 chev drag 76 pontiac street 34 chev babbit pounder
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

redsmokin57 wrote:I see on the sea shepards website that they also freed 800 blue fin tuna from the floating cages in libya,fended off the italian fishing crew with 8 litres of rotten butter LOL Saw one episode of wale wars where they were teaching the green young crew how to launch the RIB at speed. Boat hit the water before the davits hook was detached causing it take on the bow wave water from the ship and be dragged alongside quite dangerously. Some young dill then proceed to try and help the stricken crew of the RIB with a boat hook,but in his mad rush he has dented the blade of the helicopter on board with said boat hook causing some astronomical repair bill for a new rotor blade as copter was now grounded. That one show for me clearly showed how dangerous of a situation this captain is placing young backpackers in as makeshift crew on a ship, They should not be allowed to set sail with such inexperience and incompetence on board.
Cheers Steve
I agree these guys are Fruit Loops / Idiots.... But the whole Idea of commercial whaling is way outdated and not needed anymore IMO.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

dfree383 wrote:But the whole Idea of commercial whaling is way outdated and not needed anymore IMO.
So is every form of auto racing.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

Ask ANY vegetarian and they'll say commercial cattle, poultry, the lot is outdated and "not needed".

In fact I'll wager they would say that NOTHING would have to be killed by any creature on the entire planet anymore. Try telling a hungry lion in Serengeti it really should have a pasta salad.

What this all boils down to is that it's not a problem to have LIMITED sustainable hunting of any non-endangered species. It's when a species - including us - goes on a killing spree it gets unbalanced and shit happens. Life on this planet - just like any well-running engine - is a set of systems in balance and if you get that out of shape you'll suffer the consequenses. You'll have a "bad running engine" just on a global scale.

That is, until some other species step up and take advantage of the lack of competition. That's what makes nature so great, give it enough time alone and it'll fix itself. Unlike your engine. :wink:
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

CamKing wrote:
dfree383 wrote:But the whole Idea of commercial whaling is way outdated and not needed anymore IMO.
How would you draw that parallel with Commercial Whaling? Last time I checked whale meat wasn't very commonly consumed in a whole lot of countries, even when it was big. or if it was it wasn't sold as whale Burgers, Steaks or Sausage????

Competition between humans is and has been popular and common place since the man has been in existance. Chariots, Horses, Olympics, Boats.....

Name me some whale products that haven't been replaced or are still needed that can't be duplicated? Other than the Fad of the meat in Japan or other small markets.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

dfree383 wrote:
CamKing wrote:
How would you draw that parallel with Commercial Whaling? Last time I checked whale meat wasn't very commonly consumed in a whole lot of countries, even when it was big. or if it was it wasn't sold as whale Burgers, Steaks or Sausage????

Competition between humans is and has been popular and common place since the man has been in existence. Chariots, Horses, Olympics, Boats.....

Name me some whale products that haven't been replaced or are still needed that can't be duplicated? Other than the Fad of the meat in Japan or other small markets.
You really can't see the parallel??
There are countries that still hunt whales, and eat them, but you say they no longer need to.
There is zero need for auto racing. It pollutes the environment, we use materials that have to be mined out of the ground, and that's bad for the environment.
It's noise pollution. The masses of fans that drive to the races are polluting the air also. If man has a need for competition, he can have a foot race, race bikes, or use racing simulator games on his PS3, X-Box, or Wii.
Name me anything in auto racing that can't be replaced or duplicated in a simulator?
At least people are eating the whales.

These Eco-terrorists that see no need for whale hunting are the same people that set fire to car dealerships, because they see no need for cars anymore.
I hope you're not so far gone, that you think that's justified too.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

No I'm not gone....

I can see no commercialy viable reason to waste whales when they are not a major commodity anywhere. If they where being used to feed people that are hungry (read starving) not just people that have a "Taste" for them as a delicacy, then I'd agree with you, hunt them, regulate the take and send them to people who need food. but thats just not the case, people in the world are not starving if whales are not killed !!

As far as real commercial uses, they have all been surpassed by other products and its already been proven the supply can't keep up with the demand anyhow, so again whats the point in killing something that can't sustain the market for products?

Now if you want to start Whale Farms and breed and raise them commercialy, then more power to ya if you feel you can make it work. They do it with Fish, Shrimp, Oysters, Ect. (Again because the wild supply in alot of areas can not keep up with the demand) This could be a whole discussion in and of it self.

I feel the wild ones need to be left alone.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

dfree383 wrote:No I'm not gone....

I can see no commercialy viable reason to waste whales when they are not a major commodity anywhere. If they where being used to feed people that are hungry (read starving) not just people that have a "Taste" for them as a delicacy, then I'd agree with you, hunt them, regulate the take and send them to people who need food. but thats just not the case, people in the world are not starving if whales are not killed !!

As far as real commercial uses, they have all been surpassed by other products and its already been proven the supply can't keep up with the demand anyhow, so again whats the point in killing something that can't sustain the market for products?

Now if you want to start Whale Farms and breed and raise them commercialy, then more power to ya if you feel you can make it work. They do it with Fish, Shrimp, Oysters, Ect. (Again because the wild supply in alot of areas can not keep up with the demand) This could be a whole discussion in and of it self.

I feel the wild ones need to be left alone.
That's the same logic used by the eco-terrorists that set fire to auto dealerships.
It's the same logic used by the eco-terrorists that think auto racing should be banned. After all, racing serves no other purpose than to fill the wants of the people that have a "taste" for it.

BTW, you're speaking out of both ends.
First you say whales aren't a major commodity, then you say the supply can't keep up with the demand. You can't have it both ways. BTW, for every piece of whale that's eaten, that's one less piece of another animal eaten. Which animals would you prefer we kill more of to take the place of those whales? Which animals deserve to live less then the whales?
We wouldn't starve if we stopped eating Chicken, or Cow, or Lamb, or Bison, or Tuna, or Salmon, or Deer.
Why do you think you're important enough to tell us which ones should live or die?
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449