Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: Whale Wars: Best show on TV

Post by CamKing »

dfree383 wrote: I'm not sure what could be done about them being hit by boats, I haven't read anything in that direction and not sure if its commercial shipping or speed boats that are the problem???? Please enlighten me further on this.
The number one "man caused" death of whales, is from commercial ships hitting them.
Off of the north east, they've moved the shipping lanes to try and lower the number of migrating whales that get killed, but it hasn't helped much.

Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

robert1 wrote:Do they eat all of the shark when they cut off the fins and drop the rest back in the ocean? If they need the meat so bad why do they throw the whole shark back?
Shark fin soup is as far as I know a Chinese delicacy, not a Japanese one.
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
robert1
Guru
Guru

Post by robert1 »

Shark fin soup is as far as I know a Chinese delicacy, not a Japanese one.[/quote]

http://www.alexhoffordphotography.com/node/2333
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

robert1 wrote:Shark fin soup is as far as I know a Chinese delicacy, not a Japanese one.
http://www.alexhoffordphotography.com/node/2333[/quote]

From your own link.
". Cruelty may be the issue at stake for those who see the wasteful practice of slicing the fins off the shark at sea and tossing them back over the side of the boat, but in Kesen-numa the whole shark is landed. It is said that every part of every shark landed at Kesen-numa is processed there and then consumed."

The japanese are not know for their waste.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
Engguy
Guru
Guru

Post by Engguy »

Never really watched the show, but I did see it one time, clicking through the channels, and saw an expensive anti whale boat get munched, I blurted out YES.
And what, like always when you see nut cases like that, that are supposed to be all for the ENVIRONMENT, what the heck are they doing but out with a big expensive GAS HOG BOAT, harassing the whalers, how come they never seem to worry about a fuel munching Internal Combustion Engine when they have what they think is something important to do. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF LYING EVIL HYPOCRITS THERE ARE.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Engguy wrote:Never really watched the show, but I did see it one time, clicking through the channels, and saw an expensive anti whale boat get munched, I blurted out YES.
And what, like always when you see nut cases like that, that are supposed to be all for the ENVIRONMENT, what the heck are they doing but out with a big expensive GAS HOG BOAT, harassing the whalers, how come they never seem to worry about a fuel munching Internal Combustion Engine when they have what they think is something important to do. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF LYING EVIL HYPOCRITS THERE ARE.
That show is on this Friday.
We can all see what happens when you park a smaller Carbon-Fiber boat in front of a steel ship. #-o
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

The Anti-Whaler's need to start using anti-ship mines...... Now thats entertainment !!! :mrgreen: It could be a reinactment of the "Battle of the Coral Sea"....... USA 1 Japs 0...... :mrgreen:
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

dfree383 wrote:The Anti-Whaler's need to start using anti-ship mines...... Now thats entertainment !!! :mrgreen: It could be a reinactment of the "Battle of the Coral Sea"....... USA 1 Japs 0...... :mrgreen:
Sorry, but the USA isn't going to claim those wacko whale huggers.
Last I heard, no country will claim them. Their ships are flying the dutch flag, but they're about to pull their registry.
I think this will be the 5th or 6th country to pull the registry of the Sea Sheperd's ships.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Great show friday.
Starts out with the whale -huggers saying their new world-record speed bat was going to change the tide in the battle, and help bring an end to whaling.
A few minutes later, you get to see this multi-million dollar, hand made, carbon-fiber boat get t-boned by the whalers.
Seeing the looks on those eco-terrorist's faces was priceless. Then you also had the great sound bites like, "You come out here to stop whaling, you know it could be dangerous, but I never thought they'd sink our boat". :roll: (not only have these terrorists rammed the japanese ships multiple times, they're so proud of it, they've listed them on their shirts).

Wow, what a great show.
Now they're stuck with two ships, and neither of them are as fast as the whaling ships.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

PT 109 where are you !!! They need some Torpedos.......... :lol:
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

dfree383 wrote:PT 109 where are you !!! They need some Torpedos.......... :lol:
You really don't want these whale huggers handling torpedos do you?
They have trouble working their spud gun, and slingshots.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

CamKing wrote:
dfree383 wrote:PT 109 where are you !!! They need some Torpedos.......... :lol:
You really don't want these whale huggers handling torpedos do you?
They have trouble working their spud gun, and slingshots.
You got to admit it would be a more interesting show to watch !!! :lol: :lol: See the look on their face when one hits a whale before it makes it to the ship........ Its would be the Irony of it all...... :mrgreen:
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

B20Paul wrote:
CamKing wrote: Do whales annoy you because they are mostly black?

Granted the American Sea Shepherd group appear to be a bunch of wankers

I don't see any American flags on their website. But Australia is #1.
So what is you're point?

Trying to bring race into it?? [-X

http://www.seashepherd.org/
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Whitewater Racer
Pro
Pro

Post by Whitewater Racer »

B20Paul wrote:
CamKing wrote:The number one "man caused" death of whales, is from commercial ships hitting them. (I pulled this 'fact' from my butt)Off of the north east, they've moved the shipping lanes to try and lower the number of migrating whales that get killed, but it hasn't helped much.
Just four pictures of dead whales killed by accident? Is that about how many you think the Japs kill? Which of the four is an endangered species? Do whales annoy you because they are mostly black?

Granted the American Sea Shepherd group appear to be a bunch of wankers, but they succesfully halve the Japanese kill rate whenever they come down our way.
Note the bolded that has been inserted into and now attributed to CamKing's comment.......

Is it just me OR does that seem pretty underhanded??
-Gary Labrum
Wilder, ID

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the Thrill of SPEED overcomes the FEAR of DEATH!"
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

B20Paul wrote: Just four pictures of dead whales killed by accident? Is that about how many you think the Japs kill? Which of the four is an endangered species? Do whales annoy you because they are mostly black?

Granted the American Sea Shepherd group appear to be a bunch of wankers, but they succesfully halve the Japanese kill rate whenever they come down our way.
Nice try Kangaroo Jack, but The Sea Shepherds started in Canada. There's only a couple americans on the ships, and a lot of their backing is coming from Australia and New Zealand.
The U.S. is actually the third biggest hunter of whales, so you won't see them flying our flag.
As for the pictures, that's just the ones where the ships not only killed the whales, but the whales got stuck in their bow, and the ships came into port with the whale still stuck in the bow.

As for the which ones are endangered species, unlike the japanese whalers the ships don't care.
The japanese are hunting Minke whales, which are abundant, and self sustaining.
Your little eco-teerorists don't put a dent on the japanese whaling kill rate, that's just Sea Shepherd propaganda.
The Japanese hunting season down there is 100 days, and the Sea Shepherds can only tail the whaling ships for a couple weeks.
Just like most of the other stupid things you believe in, the Sea Shepherds are nothing but a bunch of useless krap.

If you really want to help the whales, figure out how to keep then from getting hit by ships, and get commercial fishermen to stop netting.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449