Moderator: Team

speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Forum Upgraded - new features coming

Post by speedtalk »

maxracesoftware wrote:
so far i'm agreeing with you Alan,
its much harder to see Text and especially the Forum Sub Catagories look terrible
plus with "ProSilver" i don't think this version creates enough page width for nice sized Pictures,
its going to distort or chop off portions of Pictures from what i've noticed on older ProSilver versions

i'd install instead SubSilver style or give User choice
of ProSilver -vs- SubSilver
I just checked and they're going drop support for subsilver2 in the next version of PHPbb

Post by Guest »

speedtalk wrote:
maxracesoftware wrote:
so far i'm agreeing with you Alan,
its much harder to see Text and especially the Forum Sub Catagories look terrible
plus with "ProSilver" i don't think this version creates enough page width for nice sized Pictures,
its going to distort or chop off portions of Pictures from what i've noticed on older ProSilver versions

i'd install instead SubSilver style or give User choice
of ProSilver -vs- SubSilver
I just checked and they're going drop support for subsilver2 in the next version of PHPbb
the v A ^ text enlargement feature in the upper right top portion
works really well, does make a very significant change for the better !
maxracesoftware
Vendor

Post by maxracesoftware »

i just posted this with the Guest feature->
the v A ^ text enlargement feature in the upper right top portion
works really well, does make a very significant change for the better !

the Guest feature with "CAPTCHA" code works .
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by speedtalk »

maxracesoftware wrote:
the Guest feature with "CAPTCHA" code works .
Good catch. It was just on the "Forum Upgrade" -- I fixed it. There are so many more settings and features, it's going to take me a while.
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Alliance Red seems to work well for me on MSV, just give them time to turn some things on.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
maxracesoftware
Vendor

Post by maxracesoftware »

ProSilver looks better in Windows XP using either IE or FireFox

SubSilver2 looks better in Vista using either IE or FireFox

IMHO

overall i still favor the old Forum look .

since the old Forum styles gone...
SubSilver2 + Vista + FireFox is my best choice

...just a test on larger text font size :)
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by speedtalk »

Thanks for the feedback Larry.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
n2omike
Guru
Guru

Post by n2omike »

Subsilver is WAY better than the default!
It's pretty much like the old view!
MAJOR improvement.

To switch your 'view' you'll have to go to the "user control panel" at the top right, and choose "board preferences".
From there, just choose 'subsilver' in "my board style".

EASY.

Good Luck!
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by speedtalk »

n2omike wrote:Subsilver is WAY better than the default!
It's pretty much like the old view!
MAJOR improvement.

To switch your 'view' you'll have to go to the "user control panel" at the top right, and choose "board preferences".
From there, just choose 'subsilver' in "my board style".

EASY.

Good Luck!
Subsilver will not be supported forever, so be warned it may disappear at anytime. I recommend giving the prosilver (default) style a two week test drive before moving back. I think you'll be surprised how quick you adjust.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

I'm an older guy and not all that computer savvy. Better at turning wrenches than sorting out computer nuances.

Went to 'User Control Panel' hoping to find some display options or skins that would enlarge print and provide some contrast. Maybe add some borders to posts. No luck there. Guess I'll just sit this out a while longer and see if the final iteration is one that I can read and that won't give me a headache in 3 minutes time.

Good luck to you on sorting all this out, Don. This format change over must be one heck of a project.

Best regards to all,

Harry
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

Harry,
Have you tried using the font size changer in the upper right corner..? Looks like this "vA^" ...with it you can increase the font size quite a bit without changing the width of the page. Might help.

But I agree, the light blue and lighter-blue scheme now with white borders (black would segment the posts so much better) and the seriously un-bold font makes for a much harder read than the former version, even if it's not that different.

I did this text in font size 110 and in bold. The difference it makes in readability is HUGE. At least to me, and I'm just 37..
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
BEDNAR1320
Pro
Pro

Post by BEDNAR1320 »

Does anybody else miss the "view posts sense last visit" feature??
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO WOULD RATHER BE ON THIS FORUM INSTEAD OF WORKING LIKE I'M SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT NOW?
Whitewater Racer
Pro
Pro

Post by Whitewater Racer »

For those that are having trouble "seeing" here may be a few things to try that MAY help.

Try going to your header in your web browser. Find the "view" drop down list. Go to "Style", "Page" or"Page Style" and try one of the other settings. Mine lists A, A+ and A++. Each will give you a different look. If you do not like things now I do not recommend the "no style".

Another help is to go to the "View" drop down and change the "text size" to something larger. The Mozilla Firefox browser has a better "look" than Internet Explorer (at least for me).

One other quick fix-at the top right of the page there is 3 icons- the "A" with the up/down arrows, an envelope (for e-mailing) and a printer. The "A" changes the font size, and cycles through 3 different sizes. The "Printer" icon changes the whole page to a printable format. If you click it the page becomes Black and White without "style" and color. The pictures still show and all the info is there. May be easier on the eyes......
-Gary Labrum
Wilder, ID

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the Thrill of SPEED overcomes the FEAR of DEATH!"
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll see if I can get this done. I did try the 'Quicksilver 2' option and that at least adds some border lines.

Bjørn, I hate to admit it, but I have been all over the forum here with respect to User Control Panel, display options, etc. and I cannot locate this thing you spoke of at the upper right of any pages that changes fonts and font size. What page is it on?

Whitewater Racer, I am using Firefox browser. Went to 'View' on the drop down menu, but the only options in that regard were 'No Style' and 'Basic Style Page', which is the choice presently selected.

Really appreciate your assistance and sorry to be dumb as a stump about this computer stuff. Just never had to do this before. My Grandson is getting ready to graduate high school out in El Paso and I will be visiting with him before he leaves for the service. If I haven't been able to sort this out by then, I'll ask him if he can tell me where to find this stuff. He is pretty sharp when it comes to computers and such.

Thanks and best regards,

Harry
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

enigma57 wrote:Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll see if I can get this done. I did try the 'Quicksilver 2' option and that at least adds some border lines.

Bjørn, I hate to admit it, but I have been all over the forum here with respect to User Control Panel, display options, etc. and I cannot locate this thing you spoke of at the upper right of any pages that changes fonts and font size. What page is it on? ...
At the top extreme right of the page you're looking at to view this post, in the pale blue band below the SpeeedTalk logo, above the note that says 'logout' followed by [enigma57], click on the white 'A' with rotated '< >' symbols along either side.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.