Front fuel cell

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

jap tin
Front fuel cell

Post by jap tin »

Putting my engine from a door car into an altered. Both have front mounted fuel cells. Should I just transfer my old fuel pump and regulator , BG 280 and big port holley regulator, into the altered or go for something diffrent ? How much fuel pump do I need ? 414" SBC with one 4500 carb, ran 8.40's in the door car with the BG and Holley combo.
af2
Guru
Guru

Re: Front fuel cell

Post by af2 »

jap tin wrote:Putting my engine from a door car into an altered. Both have front mounted fuel cells. Should I just transfer my old fuel pump and regulator , BG 280 and big port holley regulator, into the altered or go for something diffrent ? How much fuel pump do I need ? 414" SBC with one 4500 carb, ran 8.40's in the door car with the BG and Holley combo.
I would in a heart beat. Cells in the front make the pump work less under G force.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Doug Schriefer
Expert
Expert

Re: Front fuel cell

Post by Doug Schriefer »

jap tin wrote:Putting my engine from a door car into an altered. Both have front mounted fuel cells. Should I just transfer my old fuel pump and regulator , BG 280 and big port holley regulator, into the altered or go for something diffrent ? How much fuel pump do I need ? 414" SBC with one 4500 carb, ran 8.40's in the door car with the BG and Holley combo.
It will work fine with what you have...

The only thing different to think about would be possibly using a belt driven fuel pump. The belt pump wouldn't need any electrical which can help you if you're bracket racing, and would have the ability to swap back and forth between gas and alky in the future.