Help

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

kjkens

Help

Post by kjkens »

Who makes the best solid roller lifter for a big block chevy. I have a 600 ci tall deck bbc with big chief heads, comp cams roller cam (I might add NOT a comp cams lifter)and the lifter came apart and a needle bearing got between the piston and the block and gouged the block really bad. I now need a new cam, lifters, pistons and block but wanted to know who made the best lifters available now? Opinions anyone?
Ed-vancedEngines

Post by Ed-vancedEngines »

In my opinion I am using the best roller lifter that is not a Jesel or LSm. IT is kind of high priced but it is not as high as that new ISKY Needless one. It is much much less than Jesel and in my opinion it is every bit as good as the Jesel Tie Bar.

IT is made for Terry KIrk of Custom Cams inc in Mississippi whom I buy them from. He will only sell to engine builders though.

In the .842 size we have had 380 # seat pressure and 1,050# open on it with no issues. IN the .904 we have had several engines with 460 to 480 seat pressure and over 1250 # open pressures on them with no problems.

They have two internal oiling channels in them, one lubricates the inner race/axle and the other lubricates the roller at the cam lobe.

Cost is comparable to the highest dollar Crower Cut-Away Hippo, not on sale.

Ed