Re: Pro-Filers NEW SBF

Post by brian261 »

I would love to see what this head would do with the 270 cc port he mentioned
Mpcoluv
Pro
Pro

Post by Mpcoluv »

No one else has tried these? They seem to be a good bang for the buck.
paulzig
Expert
Expert

Post by paulzig »

Nice looking cylinder head ...

Interesting to see how these go compared to the TF highports and the Brodix and Edelbrock Victor stuff ...
Tugg61

Post by Tugg61 »

I know this is an older posting when I look at any forum that talks about the profiler 222. No actual on track results with a given set up. Here at a div 6 track there are 2 very different setups. Both running the profiler 205. Mine 2.08 int. And 1.66 ex. First is with a 393" 242/248@.050 comp cam. Flat top pistons w 1.365 ch. In a sn95 car. Best to date is 11.0@122 1/4. 7.0@96 1/8 great all around power. Only needs 32-34' timing. Wish there were a few items for the valve train listed. But if the design follows a z304. Maybe those valve train parts will work.
cab0154
Pro
Pro

Post by cab0154 »

I finally got my car running a year ago with the 418. I was building the car still after the engine was done. However, the guy who built the bottom end did 2 things wrong. the hone was way too smooth for a plasma moly ring to seat, and the middle rings were upside down. So i tore it back down this winter and went through it since all it did was glaze the cylinders with Driven BR30 the first time i tried to break it in. So we are gonna give it another shot with the correct finish hone and the rings installed properly. I ended up running T&Ds on mine because the stud mount intake rocker was being pushed off plane due to the pushrod angle. would a stud rocker with an offset cup have helped, maybe. but i felt like by the time i played around with stud mount rockers and different lifters i would be halfway to a set of shafts in terms of cost, and the way the ford rockers (that profiler said were supposed to fit; and profiler had supposedly fixed the issue) werent going to work on the intake side. the sweep pattern was a single point of contact, not a full roller sweep pattern. it wouldve knocked the guides right out of it. with the shafts, the geometry is great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Anyone who thinks the low RPM engine will be faster just does not have as much experience as the rest of us" -The late, great Joe Sherman.

You wont beat anyone if you do everything the same as everyone.