profiler tunnel ram

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Dave Koehler
Vendor

Re: profiler tunnel ram

Post by Dave Koehler »

I take it the Profiler survived the attack. Take the good where you can.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
barnym17
Guru
Guru

Post by barnym17 »

Glad your ok.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

What a bummer.
But you did walk away..
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one." Thats a blessing.
Always count your blessings.🙏 😁
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

Thought i would add to this thread. I have another malibu almost up and running. Basically the same car as the one i crashed. Same engine, new transmission, same rearend. As far as the profiler tunnel ram i'd like to say that I had to spend more money on it to have the front and rear china-rails cut .060 so that they actually aren't laying right on the block with the .060 BBC gasket. If i used the .120 gasket the intake sat to high and the intake ports didn't line up right and depending on the gasket, the coolant ports could leak into the motor. I also had to grind the top of the runners above the intake ports so that the intake didn't interfere with the valve cover rails. I'm ready to get the cage certified (my track just switched to WDRA) and hopefully will start the engine within a few weeks when my new lemons headers show up. I changed a few things on this new car to try and keep the weight down but it most likely will end up being about the same weight as the other car. I also changed back to my first camshaft that i made my best times with.
If anyone buys the profiler tunnel ram just expecting to put it on and race they will be disappointed. I can't say anything yet about the power, but this intake has required a bunch of work just to make it fit right. To be fair it may fit other heads better than my AFR 385's.

Here is a picture of the bible verse i put on the back window. Not that i claim to be righteous, but that God has been good to me and helped me.
Brian
DSC01752.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com