Willy's Super Bowls

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BlitzA64
Expert
Expert
Re: Willy's Super Bowls

Post by BlitzA64 »

Circle boat. Pulls 2g in corner with spikes up to 3g. There is a fin that hooks up in the corner so the boat doesn't slide, turn flat out. Obviously no banking to help the situation.
ZIGGY
Guru
Guru

Post by ZIGGY »

Whoa. Until now, I figured you just had other carb tuning issues. Please let us know how they work for you.
BlitzA64
Expert
Expert

Post by BlitzA64 »

https://www.facebook.com/Blitzed164/vid ... 413936803/

Test session...... You will here it go flat as soon as he enters the bottom corner on the second hot lap. Rattled the rings and puked a bunch of oil
billet
Pro
Pro

Post by billet »

it looks like you only turn left, if that is correct you might try a tilted carb spacer for a dirt late model. They are tilted down in front and to the left. Just adding one of those can make a LM stop stuttering in the middle of the corner, would think it would work for your application too (turning left). A Late model has upwards of 10 degree's of roll in the car left to right in the corners.

Here is a Wilson but there are many brands out there: https://www.wilsonmanifolds.net/wm/ecar ... 00x800.jpg
BlitzA64
Expert
Expert

Post by BlitzA64 »

Interesting, does that interfere with distribution any that you can tell?
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

They (e.g. Braswell) also make circle track (and boat I guess) floats that are trimmed away at one or both ends to give less buoyancy in L, R or both direction turns.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
BlitzA64
Expert
Expert

Post by BlitzA64 »

Have the floats. I think a lot of it was the top feed small N/S foaming things up. I already put larger bottom feed floats. I'm sure the power valves aren't helping the issue, much higher than jets are. I am pretty sure the Willys deal should fix the issue easily. Pricey but so is having to buy rings and gaskets along with the hassle of pulling the engine and pulling it down.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

They used to sell power valve caps that pressed on and fed the valve through a hole drilled in the bottom, much lower in the bowl.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

MadBill wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:10 pm
levisnteeshirt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:59 pm Thejiickcm
Exactly! :?
I tried to delete that ,, got the ,," speed talk doesn't allow posts to be deleted " nasty gram
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

MadBill wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:25 pm They used to sell power valve caps that pressed on and fed the valve through a hole drilled in the bottom, much lower in the bowl.
Competition Products has em , I use em often
ClassAct
Guru
Guru

Post by ClassAct »

levisnteeshirt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:00 pm
MadBill wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:25 pm They used to sell power valve caps that pressed on and fed the valve through a hole drilled in the bottom, much lower in the bowl.
Competition Products has em , I use em often

Can you provide a link to that???
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

http://www.competitionproducts.com/Wegn ... GWCW-1001/

On a circle track carb , I've set them with the slot turned toward the passenger side as it sits on the motor ( left hand drive ) ,, so in the high G turns its pointed toward a source of fuel , always had good results
ClassAct
Guru
Guru

Post by ClassAct »

levisnteeshirt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:24 pm http://www.competitionproducts.com/Wegn ... GWCW-1001/

On a circle track carb , I've set them with the slot turned toward the passenger side as it sits on the motor ( left hand drive ) ,, so in the high G turns its pointed toward a source of fuel , always had good results
Thanks levi
mekilljoydammit

Post by mekilljoydammit »

Mike Laws wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:19 pm
BlitzA64 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 pm https://youtu.be/zftUFW9MfrM

One bowl with a standard N/S, one with a bottom feed N/S.
I made this video while still at my former company. The primary bowl (on the right) actually had a top feed n/s with a .250" needle size and the secondary was a normal top feed .110". The primary n/s was run at 2 psi (low psi-hi flow) while the secondary was run at 6 psi. The difference in aeration is apparent. Once fuel aeration before the main jet is calmed down, tuning consistency and overall power always improved. Willy's bowls also reduce/eliminate aeration, just in a different way.
Bit late to the party... is there anywhere where I could get an 0.250" needle and seat off the shelf, or am I better off breaking out my lathe?
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

mekilljoydammit wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:27 pm
Mike Laws wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:19 pm
BlitzA64 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 pm https://youtu.be/zftUFW9MfrM

One bowl with a standard N/S, one with a bottom feed N/S.
I made this video while still at my former company. The primary bowl (on the right) actually had a top feed n/s with a .250" needle size and the secondary was a normal top feed .110". The primary n/s was run at 2 psi (low psi-hi flow) while the secondary was run at 6 psi. The difference in aeration is apparent. Once fuel aeration before the main jet is calmed down, tuning consistency and overall power always improved. Willy's bowls also reduce/eliminate aeration, just in a different way.
Bit late to the party... is there anywhere where I could get an 0.250" needle and seat off the shelf, or am I better off breaking out my lathe?

BLP still has some I believe. They are coupled with a machined float bowl that allows the larger OD N&S to fit. Anything you do to minimize aeration of the fuel will help. As far as N&S size you can get up to a .150 in a viton tip, .170 in stainless or Ti. I have heard of some custom stuff up in the .180-.190 range for a stock bowl, not sure of how well they work.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.