WTB: New3Acut driver

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

FirstEliminator
WTB: New3Acut driver

Post by FirstEliminator »

Hi,

Looking to see if anyone has any HH375 tool holders. I talked to New3Acut and he said they don't make any of the serdi style tooling anymore. I'm set up with this hex drive style. Depending on what's out there it might be cheaper to add to this than converting over to the ball-driver style. I'd like to buy 3 or 4 to reduce resetting for multiple operations.

thanks,
Mark
FirstEliminator@aol.com

Like this one in the pic.
HEX%20HEAD%20-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: WTB: New3Acut driver

Post by ProPower engines »

If you are referring to the multi-angle seat cutter inserts like a serdi uses THEN CONTACT NEWAN.
If you need the fork that holds the bit call Newan as they now make inserts with up to 12 degrees of relief angle
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
FirstEliminator

Post by FirstEliminator »

I would like the hex style driven tool holder like what is pictured above. The blade holding forks are pretty standardized. I've gotten Goodson and an aftermarket on e-bay that fit the above tool holder.

thanks,
Mark
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Yes but Ricardo is the only manufacture that has extra rake angle built into the holder.
The insert manufactures all make them differently based on what machine they were designed for.
I am sure you have had some seats that chatter no matter what you do or slow you turn the cutters the extra rake angle
is designed to get rid of the chatter. Sometimes not completely because that is a cutter design issue that must be corrected
but the insert holders Ricardo designed were made with that issue in mind. They also have locating grooves to stop the operator from hanging the fork too far out of the driver. A stellar idea as no other tooling makers do that.
He is a very good designer of this tooling but unless all your inserts are the same brand they will not perform the same on other holders that have 0 rake and the rake built into the insert only.

Talk with the people at Newan and chat with their tech's on the phone don't email as it takes forever like everyone else.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

just in case this helps , i seen tools like in your pic's in this site somewhere, have a route around , might be of no help eithe

http://www.thlmachine.com/en/engine-reb ... ls-27.html
tlowe

Post by tlowe »

PM and email sent