Real Budget Vortec Engine build

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

CGT
Guru
Guru
Re: Real Budget Vortec Engine build

Post by CGT »

Not a whole buch of porting. Widened PRP, profiled guide bosses, VJ and blended in, and opened exhaust throat, some port matching to a junk Chinese manifold.
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

Dyno.jpg
Resized_20190308_130839.jpg
Resized_20190308_123939.jpg
Resized_20190307_213842.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Thats pretty... We want video! :)
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

MadBill wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:47 pm Hope it gives him indigestion! :cry:
Hope he gets the FLU. We'll run the car with the 15 year old 377 again this year with the T400 refreshed.

I love the kitchen counter!!!

My dining room with the 402 parts!! LOL
diningroom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

CGT wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:34 pm Dyno.jpgResized_20190308_130839.jpgResized_20190308_123939.jpgResized_20190307_213842.jpg
Very nice!
GURU is only a name.
Adam
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

Go, Dale! :D
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

Dyno Flowz Spreadsheet

The pages are labeled accordingly. The yellow highlighted boxes in the page labeled "Charts" are drop boxes. Select the parameter you want to see and the runs you want to compare. It will auto populate what you have chosen. It also formats individual rows so you can quickly see what was best to worst at each rpm. I did however, unlike some on here, didn't remove BSFC. I hope that's not against rules.
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it.

Albert Einstein
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

Watch "Project Dale" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/QYIaRlj9DFk
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

C H A D,
did i see 499 hp @ 6000 on slo svt spreadsheet?
thanks for the colour code on spreadsheet
real nice job C H A D thats a nice street engine with a bit of poke,would you share your thoughts on the 1.6 rocker on the exhaust,carry past peak at higher rpm??
thanks for going to the effort of sharing part # of springs etc,save a guy a lot of heart ache concerning retainer to guide clearance etc,is the cam a shelf or a custom grind??
i really enjoy the small cylinder head/camshaft combinations,so much to be learnt :D
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
paulzig
Expert
Expert

Post by paulzig »

The spreadsheet wont open for me, comes up with error.. Is there Peak HP/TQ and RPM someone could share?
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

paulzig wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:20 am The spreadsheet wont open for me, comes up with error.. Is there Peak HP/TQ and RPM someone could share?
If you don't have excel it likely will not work. I opened it again to verify that it works. It may open in the older versions of excel but will loose much of the functionality I put into the spreadsheet. Best pull was 499hp@6000/485ft/lbs@4700.
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it.

Albert Einstein
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

steve cowan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:07 am C H A D,
did i see 499 hp @ 6000 on slo svt spreadsheet?
thanks for the colour code on spreadsheet
real nice job C H A D thats a nice street engine with a bit of poke,would you share your thoughts on the 1.6 rocker on the exhaust,carry past peak at higher rpm??
thanks for going to the effort of sharing part # of springs etc,save a guy a lot of heart ache concerning retainer to guide clearance etc,is the cam a shelf or a custom grind??
i really enjoy the small cylinder head/camshaft combinations,so much to be learnt :D
I havent viewed the spreadsheet yet but if you look at the last 2 or 3 pulls where its showing 480ish pounds and look at coolant temp on those you will see we were playing with cold water in the engine. I kind of wanted to see the effect of it and he wanted more facebook power so... :roll:

I believe the best pull with normal water temps was 465ftlbs and 488 or 484hp. Some changes from the beginning of the thread were made. A used set of pac 1518 springs were used on it. Joe Creason donated those. 1.94 intake valve 52 degree seat 1.5 ex 50 degree. 238 248 .525 .500 104 cam was used....Comp Marine lobes.

It runs good. Brenden is ecstatic about it....."Dale" seems like a nice tight little motor and as always plenty of things i would do differently now...
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

Nothing wrong with a low-temp glory pull. I'd want to do it too just to see. Well done.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

slo-svt wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:19 am
paulzig wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:20 am The spreadsheet wont open for me, comes up with error.. Is there Peak HP/TQ and RPM someone could share?
If you don't have excel it likely will not work. I opened it again to verify that it works. It may open in the older versions of excel but will loose much of the functionality I put into the spreadsheet. Best pull was 499hp@6000/485ft/lbs@4700.
Yes, it's not compatible with my excel either, may be easiest just to post the dyno sheet.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

C H A D,
Thanks for the updated information on camshaft etc,
Just watched "Dale " on the dyno, sounds good and healthy right to 6500rpm
Nice job :D
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"