Moderator: Team

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: new engine results

Post by Walter R. Malik »

rfoll wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:47 am
Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:59 am
Newold1 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:59 pm I am sorry but those here who think a late 80's -early 90's 305 Caprice has good throttle response you need to go drive a new Dodge Hellcat or new Copo Camaro and get your perceptions realigned!! Now those have f** kin throttle response! Sorry but I refuse to get in my rocking chair just yet! :lol:
A customer of mine has a 604" Caprice. Street manners with smallish camshaft with port fuel injection and I would pit the throttle response of that vehicle against ANYTHING coming off the assembly line today.
At what speed do the tires stop spinning and actually connect to the road? I suspect he can never actually safely get the throttle plate or plates completely open on a public highway.
My replacement El Camino has a 305.
With good chassis reaction, tubs and wide drag radials it hooks pretty good, most of the time.

With the mirrors, side spotlights, fender skirts and all ... at a quick glance, it looks like just another older Police car.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

Oh sure that's a legit Apples to Apples comparison in regards to throttle response a 600 plus HP motor and a not even 280 hp motor !
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

It's OK, Walter just does that sometimes? :roll:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

Newold1 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:59 pm I am sorry but those here who think a late 80's -early 90's 305 Caprice has good throttle response you need to go drive a new Dodge Hellcat or new Copo Camaro and get your perceptions realigned!! Now those have f** kin throttle response! Sorry but I refuse to get in my rocking chair just yet! :lol:
A customer of mine has a 604" Caprice. Street manners with smallish camshaft with port fuel injection and I would pit the throttle response of that vehicle against ANYTHING coming off the assembly line today.
What year?
So much to do, so little time...
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

rfoll wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:22 pm
What year?
It is originally a former Police Interceptor so, what years were they Caprice sedans. ...?
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

mag2555 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:10 pm Oh sure that's a legit Apples to Apples comparison in regards to throttle response a 600 plus HP motor and a not even 280 hp motor !
Certainly as legit as someone comparing a late model Hellcat or Copo Camaro; as in an earlier post.

THAT was the point.
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

The Impala name died after '85, after that all were called Caprice or Caprice classic until the 94-96 SS. Back in the late 60s, I saw the remains of an early morning head on collision somewhere in the Midwest. I don't remember much about the destroyed vehicles, but the 2 police cars in attendance were 1968 Biscaynes with SS 427 badges on the fenders.
So much to do, so little time...