PRI SHOW

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

sbcharlie
Pro
Pro
PRI SHOW

Post by sbcharlie »

its been a while since I been to this show. excited to see new ideas and machinery. I will be in the Bullet Racing Booth. excited to meet some of you at show stop by. Charlie
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: PRI SHOW

Post by CamKing »

I'll be in my normal spot. Booth 1835. Just follow the smell of popcorn.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

i wish it was a week sooner and i'd be there. I'd like to stop in on my way to see Noah's Ark this next week.

Does anyone have any car-guy suggestions for places to go and see in the Cincinatti, Lexington area ?

Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
Nefario

Post by Nefario »

prairiehotrodder wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:38 am Does anyone have any car-guy suggestions for places to go and see in the Cincinatti, Lexington area ?
Tour the Toyota Camry factory in Georgetown 20 miles north of Lexington. A bit of a side trip but could visit the Corvette plant and museum in Bowling Green, KY. Try to find the hidden (and unexplained) Ardun engine at the Corvette Museum! Seriously :wink:
Dave
engineguyBill
Guru
Guru

Post by engineguyBill »

Nefario wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:52 pm
prairiehotrodder wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:38 am Does anyone have any car-guy suggestions for places to go and see in the Cincinatti, Lexington area ?
Tour the Toyota Camry factory in Georgetown 20 miles north of Lexington. A bit of a side trip but could visit the Corvette plant and museum in Bowling Green, KY. Try to find the hidden (and unexplained) Ardun engine at the Corvette Museum! Seriously :wink:
Very interesting about the Ardun equipped engine at the Museum. Zora Arkus Duntov actually designed and market the Ardun heads for flathed Ford engine conversion, hence the name Ar-Dun.
Bill

Perfect Circle Doctor of Motors certification
SAE Member (30 years)
ASE Master Certified Engine Machinist (+ two otherASE Master Certifications)
AERA Certified Professional Engine Machinist
SHARKBITEATTACK

Post by SHARKBITEATTACK »

This and SEMA are my favorite shows. Looking forward to going in a few weeks. Where you all staying?
Nefario

Post by Nefario »

engineguyBill wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:52 pmVery interesting about the Ardun equipped engine at the Museum.
I visited 2 years ago and there was a 1950's Vette in front of a vintage garage backdrop. Waaaay back in the garage is an Ardun conversion with it's distinctive valve covers. It was all primer grey; I wonder if it was a foam model.
Dave
piston guy
Guru
Guru

Post by piston guy »

I'll be in my normal spot on the corner in the hall across from the snack bar and rest rooms. One has to have a priority!
Mark O'Neal
Guru
Guru

Post by Mark O'Neal »

I'll be in my normal spot, in my office.

If anyone sees something new and exciting, please post.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Yes PRI is close on the horizon.
I will be there at the booth of Calhoun Custom Porting who have asked me to do some prototype heads for them and to promote my own stuff like seminars, performance programs etc. If any of you want to talk about whatever performance subject comes to mind I will be on booth #2716 In the mornings.

I will also be doing two seminars at the show. One on building optimally cost effective per lb-ft and hp output stroker motors for Scat cranks on Wednesday afternoon (4 o'clock I think) and one on Friday afternoon about the same time on cylinder head development covering ground from 2 valve heads through 3,4 and 5 valve heads.

If anyone wants to put forth a question in advance go ahead and I will see if I can take care of it at the show.

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

For those interested I will be at the Calhoun Custom Porting booth (7216) every show morning till midday.

My seminars are:-
Company:- Scat Cranks & Rods
Subject:- Optimizing stroker motor output.
When:- 12/05/2018 4:0 pm
Where:- Seminar room #241

Company:-Calhoun Custom Porting
Subject:- Advanced porting techniques
When:- 12/07/2018 4:00 pm
Where :- seminar room # 236

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Dave Arsenault

Post by Dave Arsenault »

I have been attending this show since Louisville back in 1988 so I think this makes 30 straight years for me and the first time I won’t be standing in a booth somewhere on machinery row… So it will be great to just walk around and visit with everyone.

The first thing most people ask me when I see them is. “Where is someone that you used to know from SuperFlow now” I know everyone is curious with SuperFlows recent events and acquisition of its assets by PowerTest where everyone that you know and loved went to.

So rather than repeating myself 100 times at PRI here is an attempt to answer all with what I know.

Person SuperFlow Position Where they are now

• Ron Mcnett WinDyn System Architect Taylor Dynamometer
• Allan Elfe WinDyn Hardware Architect Taylor Dynamometer
• Kris Severance Windyn Software Engineer out of industry
• Pete Poirson Dynamometer Designer Taylor Dynamometer
• Tod Poirson Systems Engineer Taylor Dynamometer
• Scott Giles CEO of SuperFlow ????
• Mike Giles Marketing Director Out of Industry
• Ryan Giles System Engineer Out of Industry
• Dan Roberts DTS/SuperFlow Sales Retired…had enough
• Gary Isam SuperFlow Sales Out of Industry
• Dave Arsenault DTS Founder/GM SuperFlow That’s Me!

PowerTest is a company that has a lot of employee turnover in its history, in the last year since the acquisition of SuperFlow the Following key people abruptly left, Pat Koppa the President PowerTest for years left abruptly, the same for the director of human resources and the comptroller of SuperFlow. Hmmm I guess that may say a thing or two.

Many many have more have left in the last 30days as the Des Moines manufacturing facility has been closed and all employees released.
As for the Colorado Springs Facility it had 28 people when we merged DTS and SuperFlow together. With some of the brightest engineers I have had the pleasure of working with and now it is down to 3 or 4 people with ZERO engineers, so sad for sure.

So if you are going to PRI and looking for a Dyno assembled by someone who is doing it for the first time, with parts machined by a new vendor for the first time then SuperFlow is your company if not I would take that money and save it for a year or buy that valve grinder you also were looking at.
If you can’t find me at PRI shoot me a text and we will hook up

Dave Arsenault
Founder DTS Dyno's

DaveArsenault@me.com
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

So Dave,
Are you saying that buying a new "Powermark" at this time is not a good thing to do because it would be about a year, anyway...?

I am trying to understand the last part of your post.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Dave Arsenault

Post by Dave Arsenault »

Hey Walter,

What I am saying is let the dust settle, manufacturing personal and locations get things sorted out and see how quality and product look.

If you are looking at chassis dyno's there are plenty of choices engine dynos not so much.

Are you looking for a new dyno Walter? if so engine or Chassis?

The PowerMark dyno is ok right now as far as I know the SupeFlow 902s has become very fragile of late....

Dave
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Dave,
So who is the king pin here as far as flow benches go???
I will be on booth #7216 every morning till 12:00 if you want to drop by and bring me up to speed with whatever you feel I should know.

Thanks

DV