Teflon Intake Gaskets---where to buy???

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

GM-DR

Teflon Intake Gaskets---where to buy???

Post by GM-DR »

A few years ago I bought .093 thick Teflon Intake Gaskets for my Drag Race 350 Chevy-I am still using them today-appx 10 intake manifold installs and re-installs-----------Now I am building another engine and I need another set, but I cant remember where I bought them ??? Any Help would be appreciated Thanks Greg :?:
dfarr67
Expert
Expert
Re: Teflon Intake Gaskets---where to buy???

Post by dfarr67 »

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Thank you for the plug but any water jet shop should be able to cut them. Attach the Teflon sheet to a sacrificial substrate as it is not rigid. I think you would want to just use water, not the grit as well. The gentleman across the street from me had a Calypso WJ and I observed that when starting a cut the grit was not finely focused. You would not want that excess grit spray to embed in the Teflon.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
GM-DR

Post by GM-DR »

Ok for those of you that might be interested I found the Gasket supplier Nagy Performance Systems- but can't find their web site
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

Sounds like a great gasket idea and wonder why the big name gasket makers haven't picked up on it?
So you use these with no sealer on either side?
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

GM-DR wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:14 pm Ok for those of you that might be interested I found the Gasket supplier Nagy Performance Systems- but can't find their web site
http://nowearracing.com/intakegaskets.html

From 2011:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110210214 ... stems.com/
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!