China unprepared for trade war - Trump is right again

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

China unprepared for trade war - Trump is right again

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:26 am

Xi Jinping vowed to match Donald Trump blow for blow in any trade war. Now as one gets closer, some in Beijing are starting to openly wonder whether China is ready for the fight -- an unusually direct challenge to the leadership of the world’s second-largest economy.

In recent weeks, prominent academics have begun to question if China’s slowing, trade-dependent economy can withstand a sustained attack from Trump, which has already started to weigh on stock prices. The sentiments are being expressed in carefully worded essays circulated on China’s heavily censored internet and -- according to interviews in recent days with ministry officials and foreign diplomats who asked not to be identified --

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -the-fight

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Re: China unprepared for trade war - Trump is right again

Post by GRTfast » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:08 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:26 am
Xi Jinping vowed to match Donald Trump blow for blow in any trade war. Now as one gets closer, some in Beijing are starting to openly wonder whether China is ready for the fight -- an unusually direct challenge to the leadership of the world’s second-largest economy.

In recent weeks, prominent academics have begun to question if China’s slowing, trade-dependent economy can withstand a sustained attack from Trump, which has already started to weigh on stock prices. The sentiments are being expressed in carefully worded essays circulated on China’s heavily censored internet and -- according to interviews in recent days with ministry officials and foreign diplomats who asked not to be identified --

It’s weird how you name the thread with an absolute statement, then post a highly speculative opinion piece. Sounds like some classic fake news.

Thread title: this is 100% what happened
Article: In some opinions, there are a few indications that this might be the case.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:11 am

What's unfortunate is that the press blows this whole thing up with daily doom and gloom and Xi can see exactly what fear is being spread over here and what industries will take the biggest hit. That allows him to target various sectors more-effectively.

I'm confident Trump wins this, though. It sucks that everything Trump has had to deal with has been basically "code red." Hopefully Trump sets a precedent for future presidents to follow that you can actually be a tough leader and backlash is temporary and mostly just political posturing before finally giving in.

Sadly, the biggest challenge Trump faces in trying to fix this whole thing doesn't come from China, it comes from us! We've become a society that demands instant gratification and even the very thought of a little temporary discomfort in exchange for more prosperity in the long term becomes a deal-breaker.

Xi knows he can't win against the U.S. economy but he can win if we turn on Trump. That's why Xi is targeting markets in swing states to tariff. I guess the question now is whose market can take the heat the longest. You know Xi will drag this out clear up to the midterms if his market will allow it in hopes that the dems take the house and this all goes away. Then he gets to peacock all over the planet, the EU will follow suit and we're financially screwed.

If we'll give Trump the room to work, China gets knocked back down several notches and we retain the title.

Morning musings... 8)

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Trump always winning and the Marxist demoncrats hate it.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:25 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:08 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:26 am

It’s weird how you name the thread with an absolute statement, then post a highly speculative opinion piece. Sounds like some classic fake news.

Thread title: this is 100% what happened
Article: In some opinions, there are a few indications that this might be the case.
"Weird" ia a huge understatement, its just further proof why the dude has no credibility, period.
Maybe he thinks is FOX speed talk? #-o

woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:27 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:06 pm
It looks like the never trumpers would eventually figure out that Trump is playing them like a fiddle. Trump is playing chess. The rest of the world (especially the liberals) are playing checkers.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:37 pm

IMO China, the US and many other countries are very unprepared for this trade war. With such a intertwined global economy nobody will win.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:45 am

woody b wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:27 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
It looks like the never trumpers would eventually figure out that Trump is playing them like a fiddle. Trump is playing chess. The rest of the world (especially the liberals) are playing checkers.
I also think it is soooo funny the demoncrats are all acting like babies with dirty diapers. More Trump winning. I'm guessing soon the winning will get way better, its a slow process, as it took decades to get where it was before Trump, he will get it done, he is America first, not the demoncrat religion first, just wait we aint seen nothin yet.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:40 pm

woody b wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:27 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
In the the dark, underwater.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Perhaps the loony left has characterized this all wrong.

It is not about Trump winning anything.

It is about the American people winning which is far, far more important.

As compared to losing as under the two previous administrations.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:54 pm

David, you are absolutely right. =D>

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:40 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 pm
David Redszus wrote:

I disagree, its the American people being conned into THINKING they are winning, its a proven time honored formula, even if one has to create the problem first, they next want to be credited with solving.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:40 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

I disagree, its the American people being conned into THINKING they are winning, its a proven time honored formula, even if one has to create the problem first, they next want to be credited with solving.
While I respect your right to your opinion, I think you might have overlooked a few things.

Nobody is going to con the American people into thinking anything. There are many who have tried and many who have failed. I am one of them. I spent many years running an ad agency intent on shifting public opinions and shaping buying habits. It took a while (during which I made a great deal of money) for me to learn I could do no such thing. The public is not as easily duped as those who try to dupe think they are. Individually there are many fools; collectively not so much.

What I was able to do, quite successfully, was to identify what people were thinking and what they wanted. Then putting an agreeable message in front of them worked like a charm. Now I made a lot more money with much less effort.

Trump did not come up with any of the ideas and policies now being implemented. He simply read the mood and attitude of the American people quite correctly and promised to provide what they wanted. Whether it all turns out to be the correct solutions or not remains to be seen; so far it has been. Which is why he will retain both houses of Congress and win re-election. In spite of the Republicans and Conservatives.

The loyal opposition has missed the mark entirely. They have concentrated on finding fault with Trump's character and alleged behavior and style, instead of finding ways of providing Americans what they want. In the process they have told such preposturous lies that cannot be believed and have increasingly lost credibility with the public. They should give Trump credit for what he has done and move swiftly to center with ideas that Trump must accept and that they can then claim as their own.

The bottom line is simply this. Obama got in office because the public was fed up with Bush and middle east wars.
Trump got in because the public was fed up with the mistakes, lies and general blundering incompetence of Obama.

Can anyone of semi-sound mind possibly imagine a country run by Hillary?

If you don't know who is the fool in the market place...it's you.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:12 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:40 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

youre just so used to being on the losing end of deals that youre scared like the rest of the ignorant masses to rattle cages and try to get actual fair trade where the US doesnt come out with the short end of the stick on every single item like we have for decades.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:13 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 pm
There are many who have tried and many who have failed. I am one of them. I spent many years running an ad agency intent on shifting public opinions and shaping buying habits. It took a while (during which I made a great deal of money) for me to learn I could do no such thing.
You got paid to fail? And we wonder why our society is full of cry babies. Nothing like a participation trophy to make you feel better huh? :lol: =D>