Moderator: Team

Scotthatch
Pro
Pro

Re: Flow bench results

Post by Scotthatch »

Warp Speed wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:49 am
Scotthatch wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:33 am
From my standpoint I do not in any way believe in wave tuning on the induction side
Many will say that is exactly what will keep you from going further in the development of performance engines!

In my world making HP is easy ... getting people to buy the right parts so it holds up is the hard part ....

The question I have for you is how to use your way on the street? Not general theory but more to make it work you need to do such and such
Scotthatch
Pro
Pro

Post by Scotthatch »

. Peaking at 7,800 and making 40.4 Hp at the rear wheel with pk torque of 28.8 lbs coming at 5,700

???

More then happy to go over stuff ....

Do you have flow numbers and a dyno sheet?
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

Scotthatch wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:30 pm
From my standpoint I do not in any way believe in wave tuning on the induction side
Many will say that is exactly what will keep you from going further in the development of performance engines!

In my world making HP is easy ... getting people to buy the right parts so it holds up is the hard part ....

The question I have for you is how to use your way on the street? Not general theory but more to make it work you need to do such and such
The ease of making HP, is relative to the arena you are playing in. What you do works for you in the narrow field you are working. But don't hide behind the "street" card in an attempt to justify your beliefs, or to try and discount what is happening inside an engine. It is an injustice to the folks who are trying to further their understanding.
Your obviously an intelligent person, but your non belief in intake tract wave tuning would severely limit you outside of your world.
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

I just realized I never answered question. I would use it on the street, just as I would in a race engine. After all, a race engine, is just a street engine, with a few less compromises, and a bigger budget! :wink:
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Warp Speed wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 pm

I just realized I never answered question. I would use it on the street, just as I would in a race engine. After all, a race engine, is just a street engine, with a few less compromises, and a bigger budget! :wink:
If it's really "just" a street engine, does any of this really matter? Lol. Serious question, you can't quantity any of it anyhow. My tires lit up either way, I get speeding and wreckless driving tickets just as easy. Can you really feel 10-20 hp or tq one way or the other?
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Frankshaft wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:10 pm

If it's really "just" a street engine, does any of this really matter? Lol. Serious question, you can't quantity any of it anyhow. My tires lit up either way, I get speeding and wreckless driving tickets just as easy. Can you really feel 10-20 hp or tq one way or the other?
To add, how many guys Dyno their engine, and even know one way or the other, that are "just" street engines. Then, bolt that 2 1/4 full length exhaust on and lose 40hp, boom. Plus, close that hood with no fresh air provision, and bam, 20+ more down the tubes. That's the reality of it.
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

Your probably correct, its just a street engine so who cares right?
Just about anyone can build a good street engine from the Jegs catalogue these days, but supposedly people come here to learn, and how can they, when the allot of the base information present, is full of false theories?
This goes for the subject at hand, and many others currently being discussed on this forum.
Scotthatch
Pro
Pro

Post by Scotthatch »

Frankshaft wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:16 pm

To add, how many guys Dyno their engine, and even know one way or the other, that are "just" street engines. Then, bolt that 2 1/4 full length exhaust on and lose 40hp, boom. Plus, close that hood with no fresh air provision, and bam, 20+ more down the tubes. That's the reality of it.
We deal with those problems all the time .....

Sometimes dyno drags and street days at the track are very eye opening for people ....

And I don't know about your area but street racing still happening here just a lot faster then years ago ....
Scotthatch
Pro
Pro

Post by Scotthatch »

Warp Speed wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Just about anyone can build a good street engine from the Jegs catalogue these days, but supposedly people come here to learn, and how can they, when the allot of the base information present, is full of false theories?
This goes for the subject at hand, and many others currently being discussed on this forum.
So only you know how it all works????

Explain how to do it your way and get the right camshaft events and why they are right .... or do you just spout dogma?
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

:shock: #-o :lol:
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

Scotthatch wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Explain how to do it your way and get the right camshaft events and why they are right .... or do you just spout dogma?
Not just me, MANY know far more about it than I do. How do you get the right cam events? By aligning them to the waves in the system! How do I know they are there, I see them constantly.
Spout dogma? Hahaha
At least the "dogma" I am spouting is at least close to correct, and purely based off of what really happens in engine. :wink:
Based on your opinion of wave tuning doesn't exist, it appears you may be the one spouting the dogma!
But carry on. This is getting tiring, and is obviously going no where!
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

Really, all I just wrote was just BS.
How do I get the right camshaft events?!?

128 of course! 8)
user-30257

Post by user-30257 »

Warp Speed wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:39 pm

128 of course! 8)
:lol: :lol: :^o
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

Warp Speed wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:39 pm

128 of course! 8)
Only if it is within the stated scope and a SBC

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

If I have adjustable headers and change the primary pipe length and or collector length and see an increase or decrease in et. What caused the change in et?

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV