BAM Products Solid Roller Lifters?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BradH
Guru
Guru
BAM Products Solid Roller Lifters?

Post by BradH »

I know a couple of places that sell BAM Products roller lifters as their private label brand, but don't know anyone who has used them. Can I get some feedback on how their Pro-series solid rollers have been working for people, and the type of application they've been used in? Thanks - Brad
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Re: BAM Products Solid Roller Lifters?

Post by MadBill »

The name is not auspicious... :)
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
EDC
Expert
Expert

Post by EDC »

Brad Miller -

He just markets a lifter design he copied from another manufacturer.

O:)
"Quality" is like buying oats. You can pay a fair price for it and get some good quality oats,
or you can get it a hell of a lot cheaper, when it's already been through the horse.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Ed Curtis - www.FlowTechInduction.com
Criterion

Post by Criterion »

I purchased a set of their "Pro-Plus" big block Mopar lifters for a 512 project. I acquired the solid rollers through MRL Engines after talking to Mike, the owner, for a long while about them. I can't speak to their reliability because I haven't run the engine as of yet, but the fit and finish is impeccable. Really nice fatigue resistant rivets on the link bars (I've had bad luck with COMP elite rivets failing in another application), great looking surface grinding, very accurate sizing, one-piece construction, oversized wheels and axle, good block and lift compatibility in terms of oil hole placement, and they have a lot of options available if you want to customize them (e.g, offsets, pushrod oiling or not, and "custom-custom" if you're willing to pay).

From what I know, "BAM products" was started by a former Crane employee. Visually the lifters are good as anything I have seen, and if you want some real-world experience, call Mike at MRL engines. He uses them in a lot of his builds -- many street oriented. When I had spoken to him, those lifters were his preference. There might even be an option to use bushings instead of needle bearings now.

The only other comparable lifter that I have experience with in my specific application would be Isky Red Zones, and those were three times the price. From what I've seen, the BAM lifters acquit themselves very nicely irregardless of cost, but only time will tell the full tale.
j.toney

Post by j.toney »

Updates? Looking into these now for my bbf.
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

I remember a sign on a wall somewhere in the past that read, "The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten" :wink: Mark H.
PerfTech

Post by PerfTech »

We have been using BAM lifters for almost 3 years in oval track, drag race and street. We have had no failures. We have used bouth the needle bearing and bushing type we are dealers for them if you want some give me a call.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

My guess is they are made by one company and named in house ... Morel makes a large number of the lifters out there.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

They aren't made by anyone else, they are made in house.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

KnightEngines wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:59 pm They aren't made by anyone else, they are made in house.
Thats cool, you don't see that a lot these days.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

I would be more worried if the name was BANG products...
houser45
Pro
Pro

Post by houser45 »

I have used many of them. No failures when cycled out every 30 nights. My only wish was that they had a 3/8 axle size like the crowers.
Scotthatch
Pro
Pro

Post by Scotthatch »

cstraub wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:19 pm
KnightEngines wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:59 pm They aren't made by anyone else, they are made in house.
Must have one hell of a basement underneath the house:

BAM Lifters
1321 Oak Forest Dr.
Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Google Earth is your friend.
That's funny.......

Guess he could have a shop he farms it out too but I would think import more likely
15270213863770.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grandsport51
Pro
Pro

Post by grandsport51 »

Not too many basements in Ormond Beach!!!
Dave B
LIGHT 'EM UP
BowtieNut

Post by BowtieNut »

My Google maps showed a resident on the water and a pretty sizable shop a few miles away. I've had a few folks ask about them but I have no experience with them to say anything about them.