Opinions on SBC intakes

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

maxracesoftware
Vendor

Re: Opinions on SBC intakes

Post by maxracesoftware »

swampbuggy wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:21 am Larry, in the picture you posted on Friday May 4th @ 11:39 pm which was of the inside of that plenum you called maxed out, is the TOP part of the longer runner a lot wider (or) is that mostly an illusion ?? Thanks Mark H. :D
pretty sure its the just the Picture angle
i always try to make the Runners same Width and Height...but some times you can't unless you start welding

that Manifold only had the ditch or big indention welded up between the Port Pair Runners
it did not have as much welding as that 1st black colored Manifold that made 815.8 Peak HP at 8200

that manifold made :
Peak HP = 808.4 at 8100 RPM
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
geraldtson

Post by geraldtson »

Not sure about performance but i have a HVH 1000 and i think it weighs 25 lbs or so? Looks to good to get rid of but it's painfully heavy! Thinking about trying the AFR composite intake just to take off some weight.
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

How many choices does AFR offer in the composite intake line up ? Mark H. :?:
Cc racer

Post by Cc racer »

maxracesoftware wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:57 pm
MELWAY wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:34 pm Wow. Awesome templates. Those short turns have a lot of attention to detail

The shelf 245npp make 750hp with 12.5:1 1050 carb and 278/286 camshafts
But they don't seem to show the HP in the car or accelerate down racetrack like the dyno suggests
the Templates are minimum CSA's ... i usually end up a little larger, same for Intake Short Turn Curve templates ,
the Exhaust template pics are perfect matchup to actual Curves

a 434cid with AFR245NPP 245 CC Intake Port ... making its Peak HP at 7400 RPM
not really using all the Flow CFM potential .

i've seen on my Dyno and the Dragstrip the very same : " does not accelerate down racetrack like the dyno suggests "
its usually 1st sign Intake Port velocity is not correct ( if all else is correct ? )
it gets even worse on a 4 or 5 speed manual trans application , if the Intake Port velocity is too fast .

what did the AFR 245NPP flowtest on your Flowbench ?

and how high RPM do you want to run your 434cid ?
I know that ‘‘tis is an older post but just stumbled on it. Was wondering if anyone has made the changes to the afr not 245 and made power. I hade Slawko do mine it runs very well but again still doesn’t 330 like it should.