Pressure ring on Ram adj p.plate replacement

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

redliner
Expert
Expert
Pressure ring on Ram adj p.plate replacement

Post by redliner »

I have a Ram Adjustable Pressure plate on my Chevy. I ordered a new pressure ring from Ram to replace the one I have been running due to having it ground to max tolerance. The new one I received of course has the bosses the springs set on and these were not drilled for clearance when the spring collapses. There are also 3 bosses between the 6 bosses mentioned above. There is only 1 of the three drilled on the used pressure ring and of course none on the new one. My question is... simply WHY? Why no holes drilled? Why only 1 of the 3 bosses drilled? Also they are .525 not .500 in diameter, kinda an odd size.... Is the 1 of 3 a balance thing? I want to just drill it to match my old one and drill the holes .500 as I do not have a .525 reamer.... I will call Ram Monday but wanted to put it together tomorrow... oh.... and it is a Tim Hyatt (R.I.P) modified pressure plate, I might call his son Chris and ask him. I just wondered what you guys thought.
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Re: Pressure ring on Ram adj p.plate replacement

Post by SupStk »

My guess if I'm understanding you correctly, those holes were drilled to balance the assembled pressure plate.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine
redliner
Expert
Expert
Re: Pressure ring on Ram adj p.plate replacement

Post by redliner »

SupStk wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 pm My guess if I'm understanding you correctly, those holes were drilled to balance the assembled pressure plate.
Thats what I thought. I will need to have the assembled p-plate and flywheel balanced I bet.