Comp cams bbc hyd roller lifter

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Mark Williams
Comp cams bbc hyd roller lifter

Post by Mark Williams »

Is comp making their standard and short travel bbc lifters them self? Or what brand are they?
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Re: Comp cams bbc hyd roller lifter

Post by Keith Morganstein »

Mark Williams wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:21 am Is comp making their standard and short travel bbc lifters them self? Or what brand are they?
The short travel BBC hyd roller lifters are made by Ron Shaver/Shaver specialties. I’ve used them. The sizing is OK (not undersized). One set has been in for three years, with some miles on them, so far so good.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams »

Keith Morganstein wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:03 am
Mark Williams wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:21 am Is comp making their standard and short travel bbc lifters them self? Or what brand are they?
The short travel BBC hyd roller lifters are made by Ron Shaver/Shaver specialties. I’ve used them. The sizing is OK (not undersized). One set has been in for three years, with some miles on them, so far so good.
Thanks!
Will use a set in my next BBC with all the horror stories about loud ticking morels I have used 5-6 sets all was loud and had to change out one of the street series.
GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast »

I have a set in my 454. 12500 miles so far and they are quiet, and operate flawlessly.
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
zwede
Pro
Pro

Post by zwede »

I've had a set of the regular travel Comp h-roller lifters in my BBC for I don't know how many years, at least 15. Never any problems and they're quiet.