Arao heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Re: Arao heads

Post by Ericnova »

Newold 1, how does this idea strike you...

An SBC head designed along the lines of the Kasse P-38 Ford head, with the exhaust port pattern at the header flange a match to current LS exhaust headers, set the valvetrain locations up to take common BBC 1.7 roller rockers and the valvecover flange to take standard BBC valvecovers, and leave the only other special pieces needed as a new intake manifold casting and valve relief locations in the pistons. Offer a stud girdle as an buyer option.

Sort of a poor man's SB2.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Ron E wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:54 pm Brodix has some nice oval port heads for SBC's
Right, my bad!

Brodix.

pd67
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Ericnova wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:23 pm Newold 1, how does this idea strike you...

An SBC head designed along the lines of the Kasse P-38 Ford head, with the exhaust port pattern at the header flange a match to current LS exhaust headers, set the valvetrain locations up to take common BBC 1.7 roller rockers and the valvecover flange to take standard BBC valvecovers, and leave the only other special pieces needed as a new intake manifold casting and valve relief locations in the pistons. Offer a stud girdle as an buyer option.

Sort of a poor man's SB2.
That sounds like a fairly easy head to desgn and build.
This is exactly what I am thinking like!
This isn't rocket science!
Someone out THERE here our cry! [-o<
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
peejay
Guru
Guru

Post by peejay »

FWIW, if you take an old design and relocate the ports, you still need a one off intake manifold and/or header anyway!

You think those 289 headers are going to fit in that Mustang if you move the ports up an inch and stick it on a 351W? They won't clear the inner fenders or the floor.