Moderator: Team

racinnut15xm
Pro
Pro
Brodix or blueprint sbc

Post by racinnut15xm »

Any feedback yet?

How much do they weigh?

Lighter or heavier than an SHP? Ive read shp is about 168-170 but can't find anything on the brodix/blueprint version.

Going in a modified aiming for 650-675. Will the stock grade 8 hardware and caps hold up?
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Brodix or blueprint sbc

Post by ProPower engines »

racinnut15xm wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:53 pm Any feedback yet?

How much do they weigh?

Lighter or heavier than an SHP? Ive read shp is about 168-170 but can't find anything on the brodix/blueprint version.

Going in a modified aiming for 650-675. Will the stock grade 8 hardware and caps hold up?
having you tried calling Brodix directly and asking. They never publish some details about their products which sucks at times but they do make good stuff. I have seen them but never weighted any.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
kimosabi
Pro
Pro

Post by kimosabi »

Both castings look remarkably similar to me. Sure they are not the same, different brand?
racinnut15xm
Pro
Pro

Post by racinnut15xm »

kimosabi wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:49 pm Both castings look remarkably similar to me. Sure they are not the same, different brand?
My understanding is they are cast at the same foundry and its the same mold. I'm asking some of the questions a little late as i already purchased the brodix version and just have to go pick it up. i figured if anyone has any experience with weights of either its likely they are within a few lbs of each other. Tony barker posted on YB that he has built a SBC and BBC brodix block, and he would like to see a few things changed but that they were overall a good starting point. I messaged him yesterday but have not heard back.