Most Think Obama White House Spied On Trump Campaign, Want Special Counsel: IBD/TIPP Poll

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Most Think Obama White House Spied On Trump Campaign, Want Special Counsel: IBD/TIPP Poll

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 am

Documents show that the Obama administration was indeed spying on the Trump Campaign. Was not all that long ago that "some" on this forum laughed when President Trump said he was being spied upon.

"Spying On Trump: Americans overwhelmingly believe the Obama administration "improperly surveilled" Donald Trump's presidential campaign, and a majority say they would like to see a special prosecutor appointed to look into possible misconduct by the FBI and Department of Justice in spying on Trump, the latest IBD/TIPP poll shows.
One fact emerges from the poll of 900 people conducted from Jan. 25 to Feb. 2: The public doesn't necessarily buy into the Democratic narrative that the Trump campaign "colluded" with Russia to tamper with the 2016 presidential election.
The poll also suggests that many Americans think the roots of the allegations made against Trump extend beyond the two major party campaigns in the last presidential election and deep into the Obama era's intelligence and law enforcement bureaucracies, and may involve active political bias on the part of supposedly nonpartisan employees of both the Justice Department and FBI.
In the IBD/TIPP survey of public opinion, we asked respondents "How closely are you following news stories about the role played by the FBI and the Department of Justice during the 2016 presidential election?" Of those who responded, 72% said they were following the story either "very closely" (39%) or "somewhat closely" (33%). Our responses were taken only from those who were following the story closely.
Some 55% of those said it was "likely" that the Obama administration "improperly surveilled the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." There was an obvious partisan split among the responses, with 87% of Republicans and 55% of independents saying the improper spying took place, but only 31% of Democrats."

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... tipp-poll/

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied On Trump Campaign, Want Special Counsel: IBD/TIPP Poll

Post by rebelrouser » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 pm

I get so tired of this crap. The TRUTH is what matters. Telling a lie a hundred times does not make it the truth. It does not matter what a democrat who watches CNN or a Republican who watches Fox news thinks. What matters is the TRUTH. We have Republicans appointed by Trump, or people appointed by Trump running the justice department, FBI and special council. Mueller has one of the most impressive resumes I have ever seen for a prosecutor, he is a Republican, Marine war hero, and has years of experience. What's the big deal with Trump and right wing Republicans? Let Mueller finish the investigation, document the TRUTH and then let the courts and the public decide the issues. If the FBI listened to phones during the Obama administration, so what? Obama did nothing to influence the 2016 campaign, no dirty tricks, no big announcements that I remember. I read articles that he refused to be seen as trying to influence the election. But I guess since Fox news does not mention it their is no truth to it right? Only people who that fear the TRUTH worry about somebody listening to their conversations, especially an elected official who owes the public their position and confidence. I see more issue in the fact that we have a president who for some reason has a hard time telling the truth, as well as a hard time letting the real truth be told. I am really embarrassed that we have a president who thinks that calling people names and insulting them on twitter is leadership. I think the high turnover rate of employees at the white house is a direct result of this management style. Who wants to work for a boss that insults you when things don't go as planned. Making America Great Again should not be to destroy any views or people who do not agree with the president. History shows what kind of country's followed that path and the results are not what I want for an America that I would want to live in. I really don't expect a thoughtful reply to this post, just some right wing gobbled gook. But I just had to get it off my chest.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied On Trump Campaign, Want Special Counsel: IBD/TIPP Poll

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Apparently you do not want to hear the truth. You remind me of the three monkeys. The truth is in the evidence that is being uncovered not what the msm wants you to hear and screens out what they do not want you to hear. So continue to listen to CNN as that appears to be your safe space. [-X
Last edited by 1989TransAm on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:48 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 pm
Obama did nothing to influence the 2016 campaign, no dirty tricks
The jury is still out on that. Time will tell.

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:50 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 pm
Apparently you do not want to hear the truth. You remind me of the three monkeys.
He wants to be the fourth monkey. Not sure if that's Davey Jones or Mike Nesmith.

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Post by rebelrouser » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:25 pm

No monkeys involved, let the news talk about something else. Solve some problems in the country, let the investigation continue until results are DOCUMENTED and RELEASED, then argue about it. People are making smoke just to obscure the TRUTH or even the search for the truth. Looks to me like those that know the truth do not want it to be released. And most who might know the truth have all hired lawyers, some have been indicted, some have turned witness to save their butts, or spewing smoke to hide the truth. Somebody is scared of something, or why else are they all squirming like a worm on a hot sidewalk?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:30 pm

"No monkeys involved, let the news talk about something else. Solve some problems in the country, let the investigation continue until results are DOCUMENTED and RELEASED, then argue about it."

You obviously had no problem when the fake dossier was used to get a Special Council to go after President Trump. You obviously did not care with the media going after President Trump 24/7 for a year with fake news in regards to Trump/Russia collusion. Now you only seem to care when the tables are being turned against your beliefs and things are not going your way. You sound like a typical snowflake.

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Post by rebelrouser » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:05 am

The so called fake dossier was compiled by a respected retired British intelligence officer, who was the Russian expert for the British government. It should have never been released to the public until the investigation was completed. The British government felt concerned enough to give a copy of the dossier to John McCain before the election. Steele was a source often used by the American government and was a respected source for the FBI and his materials have been used over the years to brief other American presidents. BUT it is just not convenient that he is a respected intelligence professional so the right wing nuts start to trash him. Again the facts do not support the president, so smoke is all they have as ammunition. And your snowflake comment is the same thing you have no facts to argue your position so you use insults instead. I have been a registered Republican since 1974, and Donald Trump and people like you will destroy the Republican party.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 am

This whole thing is nothing but the DNC laundering lies through the "dossier" back to the ohdummy-weaponized FBI/DOJ to influence an election. It was full of sources tied to the Kremlin, paid for by the Clinton Campaign to claim that Donald Trump had... wait for it... ties to the Kremlin!

They lied to the fisa courts to surveil Page in hopes they could get a chance to "reverse-surveil" someone in Trump's inner circle. It really doesn't matter what I think as the truth keeps coming out.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:20 am

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 am
This whole thing is nothing but the DNC laundering lies through the "dossier" back to the ohdummy-weaponized FBI/DOJ to influence an election. It was full of sources tied to the Kremlin, paid for by the Clinton Campaign to claim that Donald Trump had... wait for it... ties to the Kremlin!

They lied to the fisa courts to surveil Page in hopes they could get a chance to "reverse-surveil" someone in Trump's inner circle. It really doesn't matter what I think as the truth keeps coming out.
Change the channel. Lets see what Muellers investigation comes up with.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:05 am
The so called fake dossier was compiled by a respected retired British intelligence officer, who was the Russian expert for the British government. It should have never been released to the public until the investigation was completed. The British government felt concerned enough to give a copy of the dossier to John McCain before the election. Steele was a source often used by the American government and was a respected source for the FBI and his materials have been used over the years to brief other American presidents. BUT it is just not convenient that he is a respected intelligence professional so the right wing nuts start to trash him. Again the facts do not support the president, so smoke is all they have as ammunition. And your snowflake comment is the same thing you have no facts to argue your position so you use insults instead. I have been a registered Republican since 1974, and Donald Trump and people like you will destroy the Republican party.
Tell me what is true about the dossier. Steele was a useful tool for the Clinton campaign. He hated President Trump. It was released because it was a tool to smear President Trump, to start the Mueller investigation and to be used to spy on the Trump campaign using the FISA program. How are people such as myself destroying the Republican party?

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:22 pm

The memo claims the investigation was not based off the dossier so that alt right talking point is moot...

bunner engines

Post by bunner engines » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:27 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:22 pm
The memo claims the investigation was not based off the dossier so that alt right talking point is moot...
you are setting yourself up AGAIN, you never learn do you ?
it always cost less to do it right the first time!

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:36 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
What is the investigation based on? What crime was it based on?

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:57 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:36 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
What is the investigation based on? What crime was it based on?
Didnt you read the memo?