No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Re: ancestryDNA

Post by j-c-c »

"if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear"

Because its a nice and warm thought to blindly believe all enforcement professional's only concern is about fairness and justice, its really about just getting a conviction for a crime at hand by the easiest way for them, you then find yourself having to prove yourself innocent against circumstantial evidence collected by large data mining from all the sources described above. You may not have to fear being guilty, but you should fear being able to prove being innocent every time. Been there done that.
woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b »

Pdq, did you get the results yet. We all want to know
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

I don't think the '23 and me' test would cover me,, there appear to be some missing colours at the bottom of the box, is there another test more comprehensive ?. I'm wondering if i have neanderthal roots? at least my wife seems to think so.

Cheers.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

woody,

I haven't sent it in yet, only because I am a lazy bastard is all.

pdq67
Kenova
Expert
Expert

Post by Kenova »

hoodeng wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm I'm wondering if i have neanderthal roots? at least my wife seems to think so.

Cheers.
Welcome to the club. :lol:

Ken
Over the hill but still learning!
Retaining it is the hard part.
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

Damn!! I was hoping to be Utopian or Atlantis descended at least!

Cheers.
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

Not to mention 'Photo Shop", probably the biggest abuse of reality. A few years ago here ,there were photos being printed in the press of what a group of people with those not present 'shopped in' would look like if all were present for the photo shoot ,,sounds like a great idea having all participants of a given cause, group or association being all included in a photo for prosperity ,, but the image printed did not happen in reality ,the photo is not an accurate record of that moment in time.The practice now seems to have waned , i thought it was the journalist's creed to only report verbatim.

Consider the idea of cutting the article and the disclaimer off the photo shopped photo but keeping the masthead and date attached .We now have a printed record of an event that never occurred .

Cheers.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

pdq67 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:32 pm Anybody done it?

Or have I missed a thread about it?

My Daughter gave it to me for an Xmas present, should I tell her to send it back and get her money back or do it?

Oh, how much does the package/kit cost?

pdq67
My grandmother did it. It traced our ancestry back to before we came to America. Told about where our bloodline came from, whether it was Eastern European, German, etc... It was extremely informative if that's the one she did. Pretty sure it is.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

exhaustgases wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 am Its like everything else, everyone gives out their privacy to places that we all have no idea what the real purpose is. And we pay to do it.
What a super brilliant way to spy on everyone, and get their dna and what ever else.

And about the cell phone, just because you switch it off doesn't mean its off. Also it can be powered on with no batteries needed, just like a chip in a dogs neck.

Bullshit.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:55 am
exhaustgases wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 am Its like everything else, everyone gives out their privacy to places that we all have no idea what the real purpose is. And we pay to do it.
What a super brilliant way to spy on everyone, and get their dna and what ever else.

And about the cell phone, just because you switch it off doesn't mean its off. Also it can be powered on with no batteries needed, just like a chip in a dogs neck.

Bullshit.
I have no dog in this fight :mrgreen: but you might want to have a glance at RFID technology(as an easy example) They can "wake up(boot)" when in proximity of a transceiver. How do phones charge when placed NEAR a RF charger? etc etc. Personally I don't fall to the paranoia side cuz I just don't care. :wink:
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl