Whiteperfomance1 & Assault Racing - heads any good???

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

user-9274568

Re: Whiteperfomance1 & Assault Racing - heads any good???

Post by user-9274568 »

Flotek

MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:44 pm.. the Japanese manual was worded with this one step in the procedure we were doing:

"With the Trottle CROSED..."
Yes, my favorite part of China and Japan products is the paper work...
[/quote]

One last step down the hijack highway. A circa-1960 Honda motorcycle manual contained this classic caution: "Go soothingly in the grease mud for there lurks the skid demon."
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

Here is one of those Assalt, White, ProHeader castings decked.

David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:34 pm In something like this you are probably better to do a write up that simply tells readers if they are searching for the cheapest parts they better do their home work, It would be better for them to deal with a company like chad that uses them and can stand behind them vs just buying a set off of the interweb... If they are willing to send you some to test that would be better but they are going to send you their best for a write up as opposed to what the masses will buy off the shelf.

If they really wanted to prove their worth they could send you a purchase voucher per say where they will reimburse you for the set you purchase online so that you could order a set on line from who you choose and be able to see what they are selling and their quality control to the masses.
Gary, a great idea!!!
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

MadBill wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:08 pm
GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:44 pm.. the Japanese manual was worded with this one step in the procedure we were doing:

"With the Trottle CROSED..."
Yes, my favorite part of China and Japan products is the paper work...
One last step down the hijack highway. A circa-1960 Honda motorcycle manual contained this classic caution: "Go soothingly in the grease mud for there lurks the skid demon."
[/quote]

Maybe they know something I don't? Personally I am thankful for what they do, have you seen the prices on a 50" flat screen? My guess is God wants them to have jobs and eat as well as we do, if they can offer some comedy relief along the way then more power to them!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

David Vizard wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm
GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:34 pm In something like this you are probably better to do a write up that simply tells readers if they are searching for the cheapest parts they better do their home work, It would be better for them to deal with a company like chad that uses them and can stand behind them vs just buying a set off of the interweb... If they are willing to send you some to test that would be better but they are going to send you their best for a write up as opposed to what the masses will buy off the shelf.

If they really wanted to prove their worth they could send you a purchase voucher per say where they will reimburse you for the set you purchase online so that you could order a set on line from who you choose and be able to see what they are selling and their quality control to the masses.
Gary, a great idea!!!
DV
I know this is a challenge for the tech writer because the company is always going to send you a very fine tuned piece and not just something off the shelf. So you are stuck with writing about what you get and can never critique quality control.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Vee-Dizzie wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:06 pm
lefty o wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:55 pm
David Vizard wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Simple - if they are reported bad I will investigate first hand. If they are reported good - I will investigate first hand!

The cheapest we for me to find out is to ask around.

That's just what I am doing.

Please - do you have anything to report??

DV
if you are going to investigate first hand regardless of the internet rumors, why start instigating before hand? just do it and let the cards land where they may.
Exactly! They are cheap Chinese heads anyway,,,,,,,, what do you really wanna know :lol: ? I wouldn't think anyone credible would be messing with them regardless.
In my opinion Chad is about as creditable as they come so i think what he has to say is more than just worth while especially when he has a 100 plus set experience.

Thanks for taking the time Chad.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

David Vizard wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Simple - if they are reported bad I will investigate first hand. If they are reported good - I will investigate first hand!

The cheapest we for me to find out is to ask around.

That's just what I am doing.

Please - do you have anything to report??

DV
if you are going to investigate first hand regardless of the internet rumors, why start instigating before hand? just do it and let the cards land where they may.
Exactly! They are cheap Chinese heads anyway,,,,,,,, what do you really wanna know :lol: ? I wouldn't think anyone credible would be messing with them regardless.
Would you care to share your nationality and give us some reasons why you are better than the Chinese or why we should accept your premise about their capability of production?
Please Note!
nickpohlaandp
Pro
Pro

Post by nickpohlaandp »

GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:35 pm Would you care to share your nationality and give us some reasons why you are better than the Chinese or why we should accept your premise about their capability of production?
I know you’re not talking to me, but I’m from ‘Murica! I own a Chinese TV, a Chinese TIG welder that is far more advanced than my TIG welding skills, a Chinese plasma cutter that is probably one of the coolest toys I have when you want to just make a lot of little pieces of metal from one big piece of metal, and I love shrimp lo mein!

Oh, most of my precision tools are Mitutoyu. Not sure if they’re Chinese or Japanese, but either way I’d take them over any Craftsman set out there.
Never half ass two things... Whole ass one thing!
user-29956

Post by user-29956 »

GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Would you care to share your nationality and give us some reasons why you are better than the Chinese or why we should accept your premise about their capability of production?
Well you can read my name and come to a conclusion of my nationality. But this isn't about racism.., it's about respect for Intellectual Property. Proceed
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

My .02.. Every aftermarket head out there ripped off an OEM. ;)
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

nickpohlaandp wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:11 pm
GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:35 pm Would you care to share your nationality and give us some reasons why you are better than the Chinese or why we should accept your premise about their capability of production?
I know you’re not talking to me, but I’m from ‘Murica! I own a Chinese TV, a Chinese TIG welder that is far more advanced than my TIG welding skills, a Chinese plasma cutter that is probably one of the coolest toys I have when you want to just make a lot of little pieces of metal from one big piece of metal, and I love shrimp lo mein!

Oh, most of my precision tools are Mitutoyu. Not sure if they’re Chinese or Japanese, but either way I’d take them over any Craftsman set out there.
Yes it' interesting to here what people say, I had a friend that sold me his cheep plasma cutter for $100.00 bucks and my other supposes to be closer friend told me I was getting screwed...Later the closer friends wife informed me that that was only be cause he wanted it.
So far it has worked without fail...I could go into the mill and lathe story but it's just the same. Needless to say the only ones still friends are me and the x wife.
Last edited by GARY C on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Note!
Daniel Jones
Pro
Pro

Post by Daniel Jones »

Another SBF head you might want to look at is the Flo Tek. Didn't Brinell test them and a sample size of one but the pair that a friend bought are a much nicer looking casting than the Pro Comps. The Flo Tek SBF offerings appear to be copies of the Ford GT40 Turbo Swirl heads (same combustion chamber shape) and are available bare or assembled with either 1.94" or 2.02" intake valves. They used to have a pedestal mount version but their website (https://www.flotekheads.com/product-cat ... lock-ford/) only shows stud mount versions now. As I understand it, they are assembled in Evansville, Indiana at Tristate Cylinder head. Price from Speedway is better than buying direct. They also list a CNC version but the price puts them in competition with better cylinder heads.

Dan Jones
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Vee-Dizzie wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:17 pm
GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:35 pm
Well you can read my name and come to a conclusion of my nationality. But this isn't about racism.., it's about respect for Intellectual Property. Proceed
Sorry, I try not to draw conclusions based on assumptions I prefer testimony from the individual so I can here ones own words.
Please Note!
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Question for Chad and others here is what has been overall experiences with the ProMaxx heads as delivered in finished form?

Now for my Soapbox!

I think we are all going to have to evolve our thinking about Chinese product and capabilities. First, Chad is right, the Chinese don't use or have BBC's, BBF's, SBC's or SBF's so how did they get these castings tooled, cast and machined. It's because someone here in the Good Old USA AND AUSTRALIA took US made heads and parts to China and the Chinese knocked them off. In the earlier years of Chinese imported products and quality of the products that they were receiving from China, the metallurgy and materials used were not up to good standards like those used here in the US for such product and very little if any testing was done or quality control standards adhered to. This mean't a great deal of the product coming in in those earlier years was almost junk by most good standards. "It looked like a duck, it quacked like a duck but it sure didn't float or swim like a duck!"
There are now companies which send individuals to China to set up quality casting, machining and materials testing and inspection methods that better insure a fairly decent quality high performance part. We are inadvertently training them quickly what took many years for us to learn and perfect - pretty stupid thing to do! The US and Australia are the leaders in bringing much less expensive parts and offerings out of China so we can't really hold the Chinese responsible. They were just trying to produce and deliver what US and Australian importers wanted-Cheaper Product they could make more profit off of without a big investment! CHINA HAS A MASSIVE LABOR ADVANTAGE AND WE WILL NEVER CHANGE THAT FACT! and their techniques and products are getting better very quickly!

What we have to start understanding and get better used to is that with todays CAD, CAM, 3D, digitizing, casting technology and such that the Chinese if they want to CAN and DO produce incredible quality products and advanced manufacturing technology. We should stop talking trash and thinking that the Chinese can never do it as good as us here in the USA! That is narrow minded, short sided and a "head in the sand" attitude that will come back and bite us in the butt! We live in anew world of Global technology and industry and we had better do a "AS GOOD" or better job at these things than the Chinese if we hope to compete and survive in this new Global world! Just bashing Chinese made product will not get it done!
We should keep intellectual property, improvement, innovation , excellence, education and performance in the forefront in all our industries, markets and economies, because if we don't, were going to have all those tread marks across our backsides and we'll have the world saying "THE UNITED STATES USED TO BE GREAT AT THAT"! [-o<
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink: