PRI...who's going?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Dave Koehler
Vendor

Re: PRI...who's going?

Post by Dave Koehler »

Catalogs. yes, quite the pain in this day and age.
The only catalog or 2 I might carry out of there has to be something really interesting and the company has not discovered PDFs yet.
That is the first thing or maybe second thing I ask...website? and catalog in PDF?
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Wolfplace
Guru
Guru

Post by Wolfplace »

DCal wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:42 pm I'll be there but I swear this one is my last.
Oh sure LOL,,,, You know you can't stay away
Maybe we will catch up with you somewhere along the way, Darlene & I will be there all three days.
Mike
Lewis Racing Engines
4axis CNC block machining

A few of the cars I have driven & owned
A tour of my shop
The Dyno
And a few pics of the gang

"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid"
John Wayne
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

engineguyBill wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 pm
prairiehotrodder wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:55 pm Is it a family friendly show? Is the general public welcome or is it just for those in the industry?
Industry only. You have to look at it from the perspective of the businesses who display at trade shows: They spend an enormous amount of money to rent booth space, plus the expense of getting some of their personnel to the show, then the expense of housing and feeding all those folks. They are there primarily to sell product to and meet with their volume customers.
If you are there looking for a supplier of header gaskets for your race car, or decals and catalogs - you are wasting time and valuable space. Uggggg catalogs, a huge but necessary expense to the business. I often wonder how many of these people who are dragging catalogs all over the show get to their hotel room and decide that they cannot take all this weight home on the plane and leave said catalogs in the trash can . . . . . . :(
Thanks for the info. I am in the industry and would really like to come. It would be cool to meet many of the guys i talk to on this site. Just have a wife and kids i don't want to leave behind. We were allready planning a trip to lexington kentucky. Its a 23 hour drive and right on the way.
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

I was planning on going, but I'm just a hobbyist, so I guess I'm out.

Randy
j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c »

engineguyBill wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 pm
prairiehotrodder wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:55 pm Is it a family friendly show? Is the general public welcome or is it just for those in the industry?
Industry only. You have to look at it from the perspective of the businesses who display at trade shows: They spend an enormous amount of money to rent booth space, plus the expense of getting some of their personnel to the show, then the expense of housing and feeding all those folks. They are there primarily to sell product to and meet with their volume customers.
If you are there looking for a supplier of header gaskets for your race car, or decals and catalogs - you are wasting time and valuable space. Uggggg catalogs, a huge but necessary expense to the business. I often wonder how many of these people who are dragging catalogs all over the show get to their hotel room and decide that they cannot take all this weight home on the plane and leave said catalogs in the trash can . . . . . . :(
Of all the catalogs I have collected over the years, non ever go in the trash. I usually drop the out dated ones off at local race/auto shops that would never make it to PRI. They seem to appreciate the reading material FWIW.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

David Vizard wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 pm
Krooser wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:52 pm PRI... who's going? I'll be there Friday and Saturday. First show for me since '99.
I is - or is it 'I are'????

DV
It's "hey.... how many of youse guys are goin' to dat PRI thing in Indy? Count me in..."
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

I wish those people who bring their wife, (unless she is a vital part of the business), and kids would leave them somewhere else.

It shows that they don't really want to be there and simply clog-up the isles for those of us who really have an interest.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

IMG_2030.JPG
i wont be but my engine will. Be sure to check on Tim Meyer and the new Trackboss blocks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Dave Koehler wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:20 pm Catalogs. yes, quite the pain in this day and age.
The only catalog or 2 I might carry out of there has to be something really interesting and the company has not discovered PDFs yet.
That is the first thing or maybe second thing I ask...website? and catalog in PDF?
I stopped printing catalogs 10 years age, and started handing out catalogs on CD. I stopped that a couple years ago. Now when someone asks me for a catalog, I hand them a flash drive, with a hyperlink to my website. That way, it's never out of date(as long as I remember to update the website).
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Wolfplace wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:19 pm
DCal wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:42 pm I'll be there but I swear this one is my last.
Maybe we will catch up with you somewhere along the way, Darlene & I will be there all three days.
Mike, Darlene,

I will be looking out for you guys - you are normally easy to spot in the crowd.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Krooser wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:16 am
David Vizard wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 pm
Krooser wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:52 pm PRI... who's going? I'll be there Friday and Saturday. First show for me since '99.
I is - or is it 'I are'????

DV
It's "hey.... how many of youse guys are goin' to dat PRI thing in Indy? Count me in..."
Rocky will be there!
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Well, it appears all the hotels near the convention center are sold out. Anyone with a two-bed room want to share?

Thinking about it, anyone going to both AETC and PRI who wants to share a room? I really don't see that many sessions at AETC which would directly benefit, but sure they'd be interesting, so I could be convinced to do both.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
Wolfplace
Guru
Guru

Post by Wolfplace »

David Vizard wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:46 pm
Wolfplace wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:19 pm
Mike, Darlene,

I will be looking out for you guys - you are normally easy to spot in the crowd.
DV
Always good to see you David
And don't forget you still owe the "kids" a visit............
Takoda grown up3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
Lewis Racing Engines
4axis CNC block machining

A few of the cars I have driven & owned
A tour of my shop
The Dyno
And a few pics of the gang

"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid"
John Wayne
kimosabi
Pro
Pro

Post by kimosabi »

I'm not going I just wanted to say thats a big one! My dog team of Alaskans are bigger than most but they are dwarfed by that one.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

kimosabi wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:45 am I'm not going I just wanted to say thats a big one! My dog team of Alaskans are bigger than most but they are dwarfed by that one.
I believe that is an arctic wolf you are looking at. May be part dog but Mike will fill you in on that.
DV