Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

enigma57
Guru
Guru

How 'Bout Them Astros!

Post by enigma57 »

Just watched game 5 of the World Series. 2 great teams, both with great pitching, great batting and great fielding. And no one showing disrespect for America. Can't wait for the next game! Go Astros!

Best regards,

Harry

P.S. >>> My wife really followed (now past tense) the Texans football team. And we both applaud JJ Watt and other individuals on the team for their being not only great players but great human beings all 'round. However, after the majority of the team 'took a knee' at Sunday's game......

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look ... s-comment/

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football ... ut/2338633

...... Cheryl has now joined me in no longer having anything to do with anything the NFL is involved in. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Protesting a lie...... Something that really doesn't exist if you do the research and look at the stats...... By showing disrespect towards America...... Something which has nothing to do with the lie they are 'protesting'. And to add insult to injury...... Not understanding that America is we, the American people. So they are showing disrespect to each and every American citizen...... Including you and me and yes...... Themselves as well...... Adios, NFL! Don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Re: How 'Bout Them Astros!

Post by enigma57 »

Looking forward to the next game. 2 great teams, evenly matched, each doing their level best. I'll leave out the Dodger pitcher Jansen who purposely hit one of the Astros batters (McCann) in the 10th inning. Jansen is a better skilled pitcher than that. It was intentional. No doubt in my mind.

Best regards,

Harry
woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b »

I don't know whether Jansen hit McCann on purpose or not. Putting anyone on base in the bottom of the 10th isn't smart. Hitting batters is part of the game though. I was told to hit certain batters, at certain times as early as Jr High.

I've always hated the Dodgers (and Yankees). The Dodgers should win, they have the highest payroll in MLB. Part of me thinks MLB should have a (real) salary cap, but part of me says it's free enterprise. I've been a Braves fan all my life. I used to listen to them play on a transistor radio when I was a kid (they struggled to win a game then). Later, when the Braves had a winning team they had one of the bigger payrolls.

According to what I've read there was one player (catcher for the A's) who didn't stand for the Anthem. He was recently arrested. ~30% of MLB players are from other countries. I suspect they see how good EVERYONE has it here in the US, and what opportunities are there for EVERYONE.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

There is a large problem with the baseball mind trust ... the World Series which is supposed to be their CLASSIC BEST is so late night in the east that hardly anybody saw those great games; certainly not the kids who could be their future.

Let's see if football will put the Super Bowl on so the ending is around 1:00 o'clock in the morning.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

who knew the astro's still existed. good for them finally winnning one.