Re: Race Engine Challenge

Post by gmrocket »

What about a spec cam and fuel?
AMXstocker1
Pro
Pro

Post by AMXstocker1 »

How about have everyone build a NHRA legal super stock engine and the person who beats the rated power by the biggest margin wins.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

Why not just make it all cast iron, factory cranks and rods, heads etc as wild as you wanna go,and factor everything back by cubes. So less cubes gets a better factoring like emc did.Let us know who had the toughest components and who can utilize what the factories offered.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Only one rule:
Dual Q-jet carbs induction required... May the best man win.

Hemi's, LSX, SBC BBC All fords bring it Hope you brought enough.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

F-bird thats almost as bad as my stock rods? :lol: :roll:
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Steve.k wrote:F-bird thats almost as bad as my stock rods? :lol: :roll:
Not as messy.
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

One things that seems to keep getting missed is the visual punch of the entries.
When they forced everybody into a single four barrel on a dual plane intake it drives them all toward visual boredom.

It would be really cool to see the independent runner Webers, running against the tunnel rams, running against a modern single dominator, running against an EFI with a central throttle body, etc. Have tight rules on the innards to control costs (lift, compression, fuel, heads), but let the stuff readers can see run wild.
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
BOSS 429

Post by BOSS 429 »

bring in 93 oct fuel, or 114 vp, so theres no adding to the fuel octane boost ect

in other words pick the fuel they must run,
BOSS 429

Post by BOSS 429 »

unlike emc where most if not all will never see a car, be nice to see one installed in a car, and driven
mfdcar51

Post by mfdcar51 »

Don't forget to outlaw the one that wins!
John Ross

Post by John Ross »

Barry_R wrote:One things that seems to keep getting missed is the visual punch of the entries.
When they forced everybody into a single four barrel on a dual plane intake it drives them all toward visual boredom.

It would be really cool to see the independent runner Webers, running against the tunnel rams, running against a modern single dominator, running against an EFI with a central throttle body, etc. Have tight rules on the innards to control costs (lift, compression, fuel, heads), but let the stuff readers can see run wild.
Agree 100%. Realize I'm not an engine builder, I haven't kept up on all the rules changes from past competitions, and I'm coming, like Barry, from the viewpoint of a spectator. To that end, I'd take it a step further. Instead of having all the entries in one list, have multiple "winners."

1. Most HP (peak, average, whatever) overall. Juices up the readers who like mountain motors.

2. Most HP (see above) per cubic inch, using some minimum displacement (215?) so we don't get fours instead of V8s, and the V8s are normal passenger car engines, not ones made from two motorcycle engines.

3. Most HP per pound of engine weight, dressed but without exhaust.

4. Most HP using OEM iron heads that have to be ones made in some minimum number that they are not unobtanium.

5. Any other category of "winner" that results in a broad array of entries instead of the entire field being dominated by one or two motor types.

JR

Edited to add: Maybe some rules about engine height, or one restricted and one unlimited. I'd like to see what some of these wizards could do with forced induction. After all, I can't be the only guy silently comparing the entries to an LT4 crate motor with $500 worth of pulley upgrades etc.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

BOSS 429 wrote:unlike emc where most if not all will never see a car, be nice to see one installed in a car, and driven
It is obvious that you have no real clue about how or where some of those EMC engines continue to live.

Several reside in cars, trucks and even boats and have for years after the running of that contest.

You may not agree or even like that contest but, at least know what you are talking about.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

F-BIRD'88 wrote:Only one rule:
Dual Q-jet carbs induction required... May the best man win.

Hemi's, LSX, SBC BBC All fords bring it Hope you brought enough.
This is awesome! I would accept that challenge. Lmao
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

Actually a all oem challenge in each engine size. All out but cast parts other than intakes and headers. All out with factory components. New to old what ever engine you want n/a is only rule.
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

Steve.k wrote:Actually a all oem challenge in each engine size. All out but cast parts other than intakes and headers. All out with factory components. New to old what ever engine you want n/a is only rule.
I would sleep through that one.

..but if factored for cubic inches a Cleveland would win unless you allowed new stuff in.
..if you let new stuff in the multicam Ford takes it
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....