Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Post by Walter R. Malik »

How many others out there are on schedule, ahead or behind with their engine for whatever reasoning ...?

I just found out my Poly block has a crack in it ... but, it is not in a part of the block which is stressed between freeze plugs so, I am just gonna stitch it.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
JonKaase
Pro
Pro

Post by JonKaase »

I ran Royce's MEL 420 a little bit last weekend. I did a lot of things wrong! put it into valve float and broke a lifter, and hurt 2 rod bearings. So that hurt the power I'm sure. I may have had the pickup too close to the pan floor, or the oil passages are too small in the block. not giving up though....
brechlrl
Pro
Pro

Post by brechlrl »

Well, mine is pretty much on schedule.. I am waiting for heads to be O-Ringed then just reassemble and test some manifolds..
I am merely parts chaser and MEL tech info for Jon on our joint project.. I am enjoying watching him transform a lump of barge moving cast iron into a fire breather. As far as the breakage so far: My pappy always said "when you plow new ground you are bound to hit some stones."..
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

WoW ... I am just venting here right now.

The pistons I special ordered for my Poly engine are nice in their own right but, absolutely different than what I ordered.
Some things and specifications I specifically called out on the order are not near close ...
how do you not even get the material correct ???

Then they charged my credit card 20% more for these pistons than what I was told they would cost at the time I ordered them.

I am so disgusted with this kind of crap which goes on in this industry. It is my money paying the bill, I should get what I order, not what that company decides they want to do.

They certainly could do whatever they want ... if they were giving them to me.

I hope the rest of you guys have a better fate.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Gregory wrote:Maybe the rumors are true that HRM is thinking about throwing in the towel on the EMC. Good, them maybe it will leave
room for the other group to get control and get things back to where EMC used to be.

Where did this rumor come from? The same place as the false Superflow rumor? What's the basis behind it? Has anyone even reached out to ANYONE at HRM or is this just more speculating with little to no actual info?

Considering the started a web series based in the competition, I'm doubting they're thinking of shutting it down. I bet Dulcic could put this rumor to rest real fast. Or Freiburger even. Hell I bet Mike Finnegan could and he's not even part of Engine Masters.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Walter R. Malik wrote: How many others out there are on schedule, ahead or behind with their engine for whatever reasoning ...?
Anybody else willing to disclose some of their progress ...?
JonKaase
Pro
Pro

Post by JonKaase »

I am just trying to get up enough energy to start a little grinding on these 60 year old iron heads. I better get some new carbides!
TexBlackwell

Post by TexBlackwell »

midnightbluS10 wrote:
Gregory wrote:Maybe the rumors are true that HRM is thinking about throwing in the towel on the EMC. Good, them maybe it will leave
room for the other group to get control and get things back to where EMC used to be.

Where did this rumor come from? The same place as the false Superflow rumor? What's the basis behind it? Has anyone even reached out to ANYONE at HRM or is this just more speculating with little to no actual info?

Considering the started a web series based in the competition, I'm doubting they're thinking of shutting it down. I bet Dulcic could put this rumor to rest real fast. Or Freiburger even. Hell I bet Mike Finnegan could and he's not even part of Engine Masters.

I guess your buddies at HRM have nothing to say. lol :!: #-o
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

TexBlackwell wrote:
midnightbluS10 wrote:

I guess your buddies at HRM have nothing to say. lol :!: #-o
TALK is cheap ...!!! ](*,)

The old saying, " a bird in the hand is worth 2 in a bush", is certainly true.
SMITHBERGRACING
Guru
Guru

Post by SMITHBERGRACING »

This is the time of year that I dislike. Not enough time in the day and watching the calendar realizing I need 3 more months to accomplish the work at hand. Hope those competing are making good headway, back to the grind I go!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

SMITHBERGRACING wrote:This is the time of year that I dislike. Not enough time in the day and watching the calendar realizing I need 3 more months to accomplish the work at hand. Hope those competing are making good headway, back to the grind I go!

I think all people in the contest are going through somewhat the same thing. I am still waiting for some custom parts ordered over a month ago.

Only being able to actually get started after 4 months of the new year has already passed-by, causes a lot of the issues which are to be encountered.
Custom parts suppliers don't really care much about any time problems you may have for whatever reason.

In the interest of time ... I know that my own entry will not be exactly the way I wanted it to be; OH, well.
TexBlackwell

Post by TexBlackwell »

yep only about 10 days away before this thing starts kicking big time
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

Customer dropped off a build I did about five years ago as a "deposit" on a new project.
I think that with a cam change and some new top rings this will become my alternate...
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
JonKaase
Pro
Pro

Post by JonKaase »

I have hurt my lower back lifting these heavy MEL heads! I don't understand how something with so thin sections and port walls could be so heavy. What is really amazing is how fast August and September fly by if you have an EMC entry.... Kaase
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

exhaustgases wrote:And through all this just think of all the other prospective "Engine Masters" that are not in a financial position to even think about trying to enter.
I was having that very conversation with a buddy the other night :cry: