Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

cv67
Guru
Guru

Cheap dash cam wanted

Post by cv67 »

been having severe vandalism problems, 3 cars totaled in the last year ea one complete loss
It is almost daily, more hammer dents, key marks flat tires smashed mirrors etc.
I know for a fact who is doing it but need video...one witness gets cold feet when asked to sign a statement
Mgmt co seems to almost protect these people, if I say anything to these tenants its considered "harassment" on my end and they threaten to terminate my lease
They are sec 8 and a major problem to many here. Thought by moving to a good (and way overpriced area) wouldnt have to deal with this
Anyway-
Something that is motion activated, has an alert that goes to my cel?
Need to catch them in the act, apt building cable/cell signals are spotty
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Cheap dash cam wanted

Post by 1989TransAm »

What I have around my house are IP cameras. Three of them are specifically for the cars in the driveway. I do not know if that would work in your situation.
jred
Expert
Expert

Post by jred »

look at Costco on line got a security camera set up with 8 channels and 8 cameras for under 400. with dvd recorder.. check on line for security systems theirs all kind of stuff just for this and very reasonable...
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Check your local WW Supercenter.

My Buddy Doc got the one in his new ride there. Not expensive at all if I recall him saying?

pdq67
n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Post by n2xlr8n »

The Canary.

Initially, I bought one because I had read the software had issues. It does not. After a year, I bought another for downstairs.

They rock, and the cloud storage is free.
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.