Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Gregory wrote:For the sake of respectability for the EMC you would think they would have reserved a half dozen slots for something
akin to the Extreme Street rules of years past.
May the EMC as we knew it RIP.
I think the EMC is trying to "put the genie back in the bottle" and somewhat return to near how the engines were required in the beginning of when this competition began...
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

Yes Walter you are probably right. All the more reason to have/support another contest.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

kid7755 wrote:I keep checking this post. I know lots are too but they comment nothing. It is what it is I guess. I think hot rod is too busy making trailers that have an engine running asuper charger to tow behind a worthless piece of shit car. They think that engine masters is worthless but they are blinded by tv telling them what is cool. They are wrong. Eventually the thrill will be gone and then they will have no job. Keep reaching HRM! Your days are numbered!

That was 2 people. Lol. Seriously? Butthurt much?
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

I really thought it would take the Engine Masters folks at Hot Rod Magazine less than a week and before Memorial Day to send out personal email information messages to the EMC applicants but, I guess they must have had much more pressing issues absorbing that time, this past week. :roll:

Wrong again ... :-k
Carroll
Pro
Pro

Post by Carroll »

How's everyone's engine coming, I'm experiencing withdrawals. Lol
Joe C
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

Hey Walter,
Get your head out & Check the Events at HotRod.com you might be surprised to see they do have events going one that are way bigger than EMC.
Everyone knows who is going to EMC.
The list is posted.
I guess you are asking for a personal invite.
Joe C, Sorry about the withdrawals.
I guess we could insert you in Randy's position when he doesn't show because he hasn't received a personal invite.
Joe, I did see on FB where You had a very nice vacation.
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
adgersperf@aol.com e-mail
Bulletbob

Post by Bulletbob »

Seems as though there are some mixed feelings about this year's EMC. As it stands right now, things are a lot different than they use to be. Looking for an invite Randy? If things were the way they use to be, you would have known three months ago. There is a new challenge coming up for 2018. Look at the post "New Engine Challege 2018" in general discussion. Looks like someone is not waiting any longer and ready for a change.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Adger Smith wrote:Hey Walter,
Get your head out & Check the Events at HotRod.com you might be surprised to see they do have events going one that are way bigger than EMC.
The list is posted.
I guess we could insert you in Randy's position when he doesn't show because he hasn't received a personal invite.
Adger, get your jabs in because they have little sting with no real substance. We all have other more important things in our life, too. They ought to check on OUR other events.
I was simply inquiring about what is in the written rules package about this contest on Hot Rod.com for making the entry payment..
Who wrote that package anyway...? It sure wasn't me.

BUT, I follow them and I think others, even those who run the contest, should also follow them. We all now know, that ain't never gonna happen.

I am sorry you got your panties in a bunch simply because I was wondering about something THEY told everybody, in writing.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Carroll wrote:How's everyone's engine coming, I'm experiencing withdrawals. Lol
Joe C
Joe, you can help me out and be on my team at any time; we don't have much time.
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

midnightbluS10 wrote:
kid7755 wrote:I keep checking this post. I know lots are too but they comment nothing. It is what it is I guess. I think hot rod is too busy making trailers that have an engine running asuper charger to tow behind a worthless piece of shit car. They think that engine masters is worthless but they are blinded by tv telling them what is cool. They are wrong. Eventually the thrill will be gone and then they will have no job. Keep reaching HRM! Your days are numbered!

That was 2 people. Lol. Seriously? Butthurt much?
Yes I know. Yes. And sometimes.

You a competitor or HRM? My name is Chris Henderson what's yours buddy?
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

Walter R. Malik wrote:
Adger Smith wrote:Hey Walter,
The list is posted.
Adger, get your jabs in because they have little sting with no real substance. We all have other more important things in our life, too. They ought to check on OUR other events.
I was simply inquiring about what is in the written rules package about this contest on Hot Rod.com for making the entry payment..
Who wrote that package anyway...? It sure wasn't me.

BUT, I follow them and I think others, even those who run the contest, should also follow them. We all now know, that ain't never gonna happen.

I am sorry you got your panties in a bunch simply because I was wondering about something THEY told everybody, in writing.
You guys keep getting each other wrong. Although I'm a young buck and my experience is a quarter of what y'all have already forgotten. May I say stop the shinnanigans without overstepping my boundaries?

I'm having withdrawals too. Randy and Adj anything I can do to help?
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

Joe C
Me too! Would like to hear the good stuff. I'd be getting nervous about now counting down the weekends left to build. :?
Also the wife would be currently mad at me for living in the man cave at this point. :lol:
Carroll
Pro
Pro

Post by Carroll »

Adger, like Chris said , let me know if I can help. Good luck to everyone this
year wish I could be there. Kinda like missing a family reunion!
Joe C
SMITHBERGRACING
Guru
Guru

Post by SMITHBERGRACING »

Joe C
Ours is going well so far just waiting on some parts which is always typical, crankshaft being the longest wait. Got some good sponsorship help this year from a few big sources, helps our pocket book that's for sure! Finding good clean head cores has proved a big challenge for me but what do you expect for a Early 1950's casting. Doing my best to stay ahead of the time curve with everything I have going on but we all know how that ends up. [-o<
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

SMITHBERGRACING wrote:
Joe C
Ours is going well so far just waiting on some parts which is always typical, crankshaft being the longest wait. Got some good sponsorship help this year from a few big sources, helps our pocket book that's for sure! Finding good clean head cores has proved a big challenge for me but what do you expect for a Early 1950's casting. Doing my best to stay ahead of the time curve with everything I have going on but we all know how that ends up. [-o<
Good to hear ...

My Traditional Muscle entry is a simple run of the mill big block Mopar and the short block is together; just waiting for the heads to get CNC'd.

My VINTAGE entry is a Plymouth POLY and is another story ... every part I have recently custom ordered is weeks away; I have one intake and one exhaust port finished.