Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Post by Barry_R »

Have not heard - but I know I thought long and hard before deciding to enter this year.
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

Walter R. Malik wrote:Now that "Hot Rod Magazine" has extended the date for entering the EMC to April 24 ... are there any more entrants out there who were "sitting on the fence", now making the decision to enter...?
Not me. Wish I could. No funds available. Dig the rules but not with a gen 1 SBC.
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

SMITHBERGRACING wrote:Mine is headed out this week.
Talkin bout an engine or your new baby boy? lol :lol:
perfcrank

Post by perfcrank »

I think I may throw in an application , I have 2 options old hemi or my trusty BBC , will have to review my flow numbers and see what I can expect from it , will have to see if I can find the cam from the very first year I was in it .... Did someone say that the hemi could compete in the traditional HR class?????
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

perfcrank wrote:I think I may throw in an application , I have 2 options old hemi or my trusty BBC , will have to review my flow numbers and see what I can expect from it , will have to see if I can find the cam from the very first year I was in it .... Did someone say that the hemi could compete in the traditional HR class?????
By the rules as written,
The "Gen II hemi" may compete; as long as the valve stem diameters are INCREASED and the exhaust valves are made SMALLER.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Walter R. Malik wrote:
perfcrank wrote:I think I may throw in an application , I have 2 options old hemi or my trusty BBC , will have to review my flow numbers and see what I can expect from it , will have to see if I can find the cam from the very first year I was in it .... Did someone say that the hemi could compete in the traditional HR class?????
By the rules as written,
The "Gen II hemi" may compete; as long as the valve stem diameters are INCREASED and the exhaust valves are made SMALLER.
After some further reading and deciphering the written rules, a 57/58 early hemi might be legal in the "Traditional Muscle" class however, cast iron exhaust manifolds would probably be necessary.
To quote part of those #319 header rules ... "Passenger car chassis headers required. Header must be manufactured and cataloged to fit a specific passenger car application OEM equipped with the engine type claimed..."

I don't think, maybe at some time in the past, tubing headers were ever in a catalog for a 392 hemi in a 57/58 Dodge Seneca or the like.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

GLHS60 wrote:I see Hot Heads list long tube headers for Gen I Chrysler Hemi Engines.

Thanks
Randy
http://hothemiheads.com/headers_related ... ength.html

Find and read that entire rule ...
The headers must be manufactured and catalogued to fit a SPECIFIC PASSENGER CAR APPLICATION OEM EQUIPPED WITH THE ENGINE TYPE CLAIMED. (That is pretty easy to comprehend).
Not a transplant ... not another vehicle ... not a later vehicle ... not a Willys street rod ... but, a vehicle of which that engine was originally OEM installed from the factory.
Later in that same long written rule it says you must bring proof of the actual catalog where it describes the PARTICULAR vehicles the headers fit. The fenderwell headers MAY fit the 57/58 car body but, it doesn't say they will.

You can comprehend that rule any way you want but, the tech people will have the last word about any legality.
It would probably be best to not test their integrity.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

GLHS60 wrote:The 60020 long tube headers listed are for a Chrysler Hemi in a Chrysler car. EG: 1958 New Yorker.

I thought you mis spoke when you mentioned a 392 in a Dodge Seneca as I didn't think any were Chrysler powered. I thought they were all Dodge powered.

Hot Heads state the 60020 headers are "designed to hug the block and clear steering boxes and linkage, starter and brake controls" of Chrysler cars 1954-59.

If that doesn't include a 392 Hemi powered 1957-58 Chrysler New Yorker then I'm very sorry to have mislead you.

Thanks
Randy
Dodge Seneca was simply a shot in the dark not meant to be literal.
By the written rule ... If those headers are listed as being for an original Chrysler Corporation vehicle originally offered with that engine then those headers would be legal.

You have 4 more days to enter your late 50's hemi engine; hope to see you there.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

If you're procrastinating ... get your entry post marked today. :-"
JonKaase
Pro
Pro

Post by JonKaase »

when do they pick the teams?
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

Why not stop HRM from continuing to screw up the contest and encourage everyone not to send in their
entry fee and rules acceptance!
In essence, engine builders, go on strike so the other group can make a deal with Northwest Ohio University and get the contest back to the way it was.
Greg Finnican
Rick360
Guru
Guru

Post by Rick360 »

JonKaase wrote:when do they pick the teams?
Yesterday! :lol:

Rick
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Rick360 wrote:
JonKaase wrote:when do they pick the teams?
Yesterday! :lol:

Rick
It seems they have not adhered to their own set dates in years ... ](*,)
Rick360
Guru
Guru

Post by Rick360 »

They are going to wait late enough to release the participants that you will have to build with what you have laying around cause there won't be time to order anything much less less have it custom made. :roll:

Rick
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

Maybe the rumors are true that HRM is thinking about throwing in the towel on the EMC. Good, them maybe it will leave
room for the other group to get control and get things back to where EMC used to be.