Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: Back Problems!!

Post by pdq67 »

Ken, you probably have me blocked, but I really feel for you!

I am fighting a bad left hip and I am scared to death. It will be replaced 4/19 if I don't back out and just live with the pain.

I am a tough old bird and have lived with some pain so no big deal by me. About the worse I have had was when I cut my left hand up using my homemade table saw back when I was in HS, '64 or so.. Boy, now that hurt. End of my thumb and the 1st joint of my index finger gone!

Looking at your X-Ray reminds me of my way long gone Buddy that lived south of B'Ham. His back was 100 percent fused solid naturally and he used to laugh and say that if he tripped and fell down that he would break like a China Doll!

He was up on a shed roof that he was building with his Buddy to put his bass boat in and a 1/2 sheet of plywood slipped sideways and he fell through the roof, hitting his cheek on a rafter as he went down and broke his neck and was dead before he fell 8'!!

He was right, he broke like a China Doll! Damn I miss him...

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Right, blocked!

pdq67
John Wallace
Guru
Guru

Post by John Wallace »

If he has you blocked, maybe he will see this quote?
Ken, you probably have me blocked, but I really feel for you!

I am fighting a bad left hip and I am scared to death. It will be replaced 4/19 if I don't back out and just live with the pain.

I am a tough old bird and have lived with some pain so no big deal by me. About the worse I have had was when I cut my left hand up using my homemade table saw back when I was in HS, '64 or so.. Boy, now that hurt. End of my thumb and the 1st joint of my index finger gone!

Looking at your X-Ray reminds me of my way long gone Buddy that lived south of B'Ham. His back was 100 percent fused solid naturally and he used to laugh and say that if he tripped and fell down that he would break like a China Doll!

He was up on a shed roof that he was building with his Buddy to put his bass boat in and a 1/2 sheet of plywood slipped sideways and he fell through the roof, hitting his cheek on a rafter as he went down and broke his neck and was dead before he fell 8'!!

He was right, he broke like a China Doll! Damn I miss him...

pdq67
:?:
John Wallace
Pontiac Power RULES !
www.wallaceracing.com
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Boy, this thread died fast!!

pdq67
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

an inversion table did wonders for me. I still use it every couple of weeks just to get taller. :D
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Olefud
Pro
Pro

Post by Olefud »

I had three lumbar vertebrae fused with no prior PT. Afterwards there was substantial therapy. It’s been a bit up and down as to results but after a few years and me not pushing so hard the pain is substantially gone.

I gather that it’s a bit of the roll of the dice.
user-23911

Post by user-23911 »

Those back X rays are similar to my old ones.
There's a sideways twist as well as a front/ rear misalignment.

My physiotherapist explained to me that when you damage a disc, it tightens up the muscles on 1 side to make the back bent sideways. Exercise etc often helps to straighten it out.
I think he might have also said that for every year it's not treated, you need another year of treatment / recovery time.
Straight8

Post by Straight8 »

Dave Koehler wrote:an inversion table did wonders for me. I still use it every couple of weeks just to get taller. :D
X2,,I had surgery in 02 and wish I had the inversion table before.