Russian made ti valves

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

redvetracr
Russian made ti valves

Post by redvetracr »

anyone have any knowledge about the quality of Russian made titanium valves for a BB Chevy?
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Re: Russian made ti valves

Post by MadBill »

I've heard the first move should be to wave a Geiger Counter in their vicinity. Something about scrapped nuclear subs... :shock:
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

MadBill wrote:I've heard the first move should be to wave a Geiger Counter in their vicinity. Something about scrapped nuclear subs... :shock:

:lol: That was the first thing that popped into my head too.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

Those valves are the hot ticket...lol.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

well, i always figured radioactive gasoline would make more power per gallon, so maybe radioactive valves will also enhance power production. LOL
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

redvetracr wrote:anyone have any knowledge about the quality of Russian made titanium valves for a BB Chevy?
Who sells them?
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

I have a 40 year old Russian made dial gauge that I have had since it was new. If I set the gauge to '0', & tap the gauge, it returns to anywhere BUT zero.........
The Radius Kid
Expert
Expert

Post by The Radius Kid »

I believe the majority of the world's Ti comes from Russia.That's where the metal for the SR22 came from.
The Nazis didn't lose WWII,they just changed uniforms.Now they run the place.
redvetracr

Post by redvetracr »

cspeier wrote:
redvetracr wrote:anyone have any knowledge about the quality of Russian made titanium valves for a BB Chevy?
Who sells them?

the motor with these valves was built in 2006, I was told "Herbert" supplied the Russian made ti valves, I do not know if thats Chet Herbert or Doug Herbert
amc fan
Expert
Expert

Post by amc fan »

I have a friend who works for DARPA... who speaks, reads, and writes Russian and who was also assigned there . Get a manufacturers name and I can ask him if he get get some data. BTW their submarines are just about all titanium: ladders steps railings hull decks etc. way more titanium in their subs than ours.
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

Tough to find educated answers for eastern products.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47715
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

I always figured at some point Russian parts manufactuers would get into selling USA parts to us the same way China does. Titanium parts would be the first logical start since titanium is probably cheap in Russia.
Joe Facciano
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Russia has a long history on making good quality military equipment. I'd figure at some point they would get into making good quality civilian equipment like China. I'm surprised they haven't already.
Joe Facciano
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

A long history of making good military equipment? I don't think so.
A Russian pilot, Victor Belenko I believe was his name, defected to the west in Russia's latest Mig 25 Foxbat fighter in 1976. He flew from the western tip of Russia to Japan.....because that short distance was all that was possible with the very short fuel range...the fuel range was short because of the fuel hungry HUGE engines.....the engines were huge because the plane was so heavy...it was so heavy because of the extensive use of steel, not alum to reduce weight. And the electronics...used 30 yr old vacuum tubes!
Morgo

Post by Morgo »

Vacuum tubes.. when the big,white blast happens the transistors are fried when the tubes run as nothing happened.. That's the reason.
And for sure;Russians CAN make some fine equipment if there is will and funding.
Soviet era made a generation that as long it appears that something is done it's good;general plan as Central Committee has orderd.

Falkland war;Brits against Argentina.. More Harriers come down because of running out of fuel than being shot down..
Last edited by Morgo on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"when uncomptent order unwilling to do unnecsessary the probablity of failure is high"