General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

MOPAR 360 PISTONS

Post by ProPower engines »

HEY GUYS,
Does anyone have any info on some FT 2 VR pistons for a stock stroke 3.580"and a stock 6.123 rod length that is in the 400 gram without pin range with a narrow ( .043 .043 .125 ) ring pack.

I have been told most of the day that custom is all that is available and 8 wk wait.

Now I have not called everyone as the phone lines were screwed up in a couple parts in the US all day but here's what I need,
Ft forged piston coated skirt ( And would prefer hard coating on the rest of the piston ) optional smaller size/ lighter for pin thin ring pack std tension oil ring ( no dry sump allowed ) and lateral gas ported top ring land.

This is for an oval track 2bbl sprint car deal but there seems little can be had and even the shelf stuff is not being offered with GP's on the top ring with out a long delay for the special order.

I was going to call Diamond tomorrow as well as CP but looked at Mahle motorsports and Wiseco but not much.

I still need to get rods so the pin hole size can be changed if a piston/pin options for reduced weight can be had. also NO Reverse Dome pistons. Its a rule that is being looked at for 2020 but not at this time can they be used.

If anyone has a lead of a specific contact guy they have used along with a quality brand looking for suggestions and opinions as to which way is a better choice
I will be eternally grateful for any and all help with this

Dave
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
RAMM
Expert
Expert

Re: MOPAR 360 PISTONS

Post by RAMM »

I doubt you will find any pistons that light with a 1.67'ish comp height although you didn't tell block height. The lightest I have ever seen we're full customs that came in @ 532 grams with out pin. I do see Mahle offers a 475 gram piston although I have never used it. I would consider a longer rod if you are stuck @ 9.6" deck height. Good luck. J.Rob
New and improved website under construction.Check the blog for relevant info
http://skmfxengines.blogspot.com/
DCal
Expert
Expert

Post by DCal »

Try Ric Panneton at CP North Carolina office 336-818-0310. His EMC Buick 400 was close to what you need and he can do a search program to tell you the weight.
It won't be low 400 grams without some internal milling though.
Jeff Lee
Pro
Pro

Post by Jeff Lee »

I don’t know what your budget is but www.GibTechPistons.com can get it done.
NHRA SS/G
1970 AMC AMX - 390 4-speed
Advanced Clutches - Red Line Racing Cams