Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

New fav petrolhead TV show: CUBA CHROME

Post by Caprimaniac »

Just watched 5 mins of this Discovery TV- show today. Fabulous! Engine work, body and chassis work.... all done hillbilly/ backyard manner- not using this as a negative phrase- giving good results. Really woth watching IMHO.

BTW: Happy New year!

RS
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
crazyman
Expert
Expert

Re: New fav petrolhead TV show: CUBA CHROME

Post by crazyman »

I watched all of the episodes when they aired. Good show.
Nefario

Post by Nefario »

First - I have not seen the show.

I used to get Autoweek magazine when it was truly a weekly. They did an issue on Cuban cars and it was pretty depressing. My take was that there are a few relatively wealthy car guys that can afford to maintain fairly nice old cars but many had massive Bondo, wildly mismatched engines, brushed paint, and were sustained mostly for nostalgia tourist rides. This was at least 5 years ago and even the car guys said they could use ANY car part they could get. I wonder what's on TV.....maybe it's better now.
Dave
Jozer

Post by Jozer »

Cool show. Really makes you appreciate how easy we got it here in the states as far as finding parts and supplies. In one of the episodes the guy needed a common sae bolt but could only find/had a metric size. So he went to a machine shop with his metric bolt had them cut it and put metric threads on it. I would never even ponder having to do something like that! There are literally 6 places within a 5 minute drive from me that I can think of just off the top of my head that would of had that bolt. Those poor bastards! You gotta respect their ingenuity and craftiness tho for being able to get it done in those circumstances. Yes sir, praise be to Jegs or Summit, only a phone call and overnight shipping away for all your performance parts needs.