Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Fibromyalgia and taking minocycline tetracycline

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Kevin,

Please tell me straight out.

Do you know if taking minocycline tetracycline will help FM because this is all I really want to know.

I am sorry but I am not going to read a bunch more links because I have NOT learned much at all from the ones that I have read on the web.

People are telling me from the links that some of the meds tried are bad for them is all........... You know, "My head hurts so break my big toe!!"..

And PLEASE anybody else lurking here please feel free to comment.

pdq67
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

No, I don't know if it will help everyone with FM.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Kevin,

Please then, what have you read and know about what I am asking.

I'm reading where that no more than Turmeric helps so please offer comments. I am talking about FM pain is all...

And don't get me wrong here because my way long gone RR/CO Buddy Bob due to being rear ended was living on a Jack Hi-Ball and a T-4 up until he died from a blood clot caused by Phlebitis!

BUT back to Bob's pain, I had never seen sweet on somebody's arms at 65 degrees outside caused by no more than PAIN until I saw Bob's arms!!

And I was with him the Sunday afternoon he got, "woosey", and I didn't recognize what was happening to him.

Bob told me that day that he was going to have his daughter take him to the UMC Medical Center here in Columbia, MO that coming Friday and his daughter called me at work Thursday and told me that he died in his sleep the night before!

Talk about a Bummer!!

And now with my L-4/-5 problem running down my left leg, I sweet on my left side at night due to no more than the pain caused by it so know about this crap 1st hand.

pdq67

PS., Bob came right out and asked me if I could change a tire and I said, sure and he said that he couldn't, he was that messed up before he died AND he was a mountain of a man before..
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Hi Paul,

I think the best answer is that Samantha very often has outlier reactions to medications. The last medicine she took for this, Cymbalta (trying to get some restful sleep), subsequently involved a trip to the emergency room. She is understandably very gun-shy over testing out new meds because of this. You need to find a good doctor who is willing to take the time to carefully diagnose both the illness and your wife's specific reactions to medications. Keep your own record of this information because when/if you switch doctors a very common result is that they ignore what has been tried and she will suffer through repetitions of previous failures and/or reactions. I wish there was a simple answer for you. By the way, Samantha is allergic to tetracycline based medications (referring to minocycline tetracycline).

http://www.empr.com/painweek-2013/fibro ... le/310074/
Primary fibromyalgia is more difficult to treat because patients commonly have significant hypersensitivity to the prescribed medications. Better treatment outcomes may result if patients are first subgrouped, possibly on the basis of psychosocial/behavioral or genomic/metabolic characteristics. FDA-approved agents to treat fibromyalgia are pregabalin, a gabapentinoid, and two serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, duloxetine and milnacipran. These drugs should be started low and slowly titrated in patients. In patients with secondary fibromyalgia, the treatment is directed at the primary illness.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

In other words as my now way long gone ol' RR/CO Buddy did was to chew on a T-4 and have a high-ball because of the pain he lived with!!

And it wasn't this that he died from, but rather his Dr. not closely watching his blood thinner that he was on because of his Phlebitis in his leg.

I think that I had watched him zonk out a couple of times because of very minor, "strokes", from blood clots letting loose BUT I didn't know what was happening to him at the time OR I would have brought him home with me that Sunday before and then on to the UMC Medical Center here in town.

Hell, he had his Daughter schedule an appointment there for that next Friday, but he died Wed. night in bed reading a book! Bob never knew what hit him!! He just went to sleep........

I cried like a F** baby at his funeral as I sat next to his daughter!!

Kevin, I just want the woman I married to come back to me is all.......

Damn this is hard to type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Ya, right!!

T-4's and a shotta Jack and Pepsi..

Only thing else just maybe Virgin Pussy to try to get the----- hard.............-

Damn I miss Bob and Harry..............

pdq67
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Paul,

Read this article in its entirety, including the comments:

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showar ... libid=8949

Here is an archived version of the original complete article:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050311171 ... ort-1.html

Be careful because it is very important to rule out the many possible causes of fibromyalgia symptoms.

If you and your wife decide to risk taking minocycline or doxycycline as a treatment you should try to do so under the guidance of a local physician who can monitor any possible negative side effects.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Thanks Kevin,

That was what I was looking for!

Now to get my wife to read it, that will be the big task!

pdq67