No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

MrBo
Guru
Guru

They say Canadians can't brag?

Post by MrBo »

Oh Canada!

So, What Do We Canadians Have To Be Proud Of ?

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our footballs fields, one less down, and bigger balls.

4. Baseball is Canadian - First game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll, ON

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9.. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers

10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts

11. In the war of 1812, started by America , Canadians pushed the Americans back past their White House. Then we burned it, and most of Washington .. We got bored because they ran away. Then, we came home and partied........ Go figure.

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER. (We got clobbered in the odd battle but prevailed in ALL the wars)

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, he slept in and missed the whole thing.. He showed up just in time to get caught.

16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the world's oldest company.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
(That's more information than I need!)

19.. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.

20. We don't marry our kin-folk..

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, Velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin and the telephone. Also short wave radios that save countless lives each year..

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have coloured money.

25. Our beer advertisements kick ass {Incidently....so does our beer}

BUT MOST IMPORTANT !

The handles on our beer cases are big enough
to fit your hands with mitts on.

OOOoohhhhh...... Canada !!

Oh yeah... And our elections only take one day.

Pass this on if you are proud to be Canadian!!!

EH......??
"I promise you Sheriff, I won't throw one more rock... Didn't say nothin' 'bout no brick!" --Ernest T Bass
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Re: They say Canadians can't brag?

Post by dfree383 »

Must be starting to get cold up their???? The Ice Backs are getting frisky........:wink: :lol:
machine shop tom
Guru
Guru

Post by machine shop tom »

I keep thinking of Cheech and Chong's "Buster the Body Crab"............

"By golly there, Jock...."

tom
Pray for a secular future.

We used to speak to tell things , now they tell things to speak.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

:D Bonsoir! Most folks around here remember going to war against the British because of their pressing American sailors into involuntary servitude in the British Navy when American ships were stopped and boarded illegally on the high seas.

And we remember Andy Jackson and Jean Lafitte and a rag tag band of patriots inclusive of many free men of colour who were victorious over British forces many times their number attacking New Orleans (turn your sound up)......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R24QLILw ... re=related

But then again, East Texas and Louisiana are a long ways from Canada. So we Southerners don't remember much about what went on up there betwixt the Yankees and yourselves. :shock:

Au revoir,

Harry
quickd100
Pro
Pro

Post by quickd100 »

Having a number of Canadian friends I do have to admit, you guys really know how to party when you get south of the border. :lol: Dave
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/quickd100/9ff3c690.jpg[/img]
Whitewater Racer
Pro
Pro

Post by Whitewater Racer »

The article:
Key provisions of Canada's prostitution law were struck down Tuesday by an Ontario judge who said they endangered the people they were meant to protect.

Ontario Superior Court Justice Susan Himel sided with three sex workers who argued that restrictions on prostitution in Canada's Criminal Code forced them onto the streets to conduct business under threats of arrest and violence.

The Canadian government will appeal the decision and seek a stay of its enforcement, a spokeswoman for Justice Minister Rob Nicholson said Wednesday.

If the judge's ruling stands, sex workers will be able to legally conduct business from their homes and brothels, communicate freely with customers in public places and hire employees, such as drivers, receptionists and accountants, to help run prostitution businesses.

As of Tuesday, the ruling was set to take effect in 30 days so the government can figure out how to address its potential consequences.

If it does take effect, it will only apply to Ontario until the Canada Supreme Court weighs in on the matter. The provincial government also plans to join the federal government's appeal and prevent it from being immediately enforced, a spokesman for Ontario's Ministry of the Attorney General said.

"Ontario's position at the Superior Court was that these provisions of the Criminal Code are designed to prevent individuals, particularly young people, from being drawn into prostitution, to protect our communities from the negative impacts of street prostitution and to ensure that those who control, coerce or abuse prostitutes are held accountable for their actions. Thus, in our view, they are consistent with the core Charter values of human dignity and equality," spokesman Brendan Crawley said in an e-mail.

For Valerie Scott, one of the sex workers named in the lawsuit, the case was about the "blatant hypocrisy" of Canadian law.

"In theory, I can't be arrested simply for being a known prostitute, but practicing the profession is illegal," said Scott, 52. "I file income tax as a sex worker... I have that responsibility, but I don't have the rights that come with the responsibility."

Scott has worked on the streets, in massage parlors and as an exotic dancer since her teens. She said she and the other women named in the suit -- Terri-Jean Bedford and Amy Lebovitch -- raised the challenge on behalf of sex workers who want to operate legitimate businesses, complete with zoning permits, reimbursable expenses and workers' compensation.
The original article...

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-09-29/just ... s=PM:CRIME

Does this support or challenge the original post, or is it just ..?

..how about another round / or verse of "O, Canada". :? :wink: :) Eh?
-Gary Labrum
Wilder, ID

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the Thrill of SPEED overcomes the FEAR of DEATH!"
MrBo
Guru
Guru

Post by MrBo »

Support or challenge the original post? I don’t understand what it has to do with it, but after reading it I must say:

I’m shocked, shocked to find that [double blank post] is going on in here in [triple blank post] Ontario! :D
"I promise you Sheriff, I won't throw one more rock... Didn't say nothin' 'bout no brick!" --Ernest T Bass