1967(?) Kellison Formula Vee kit

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

wjnielsen
Pro
Pro

1967(?) Kellison Formula Vee kit

Post by wjnielsen »

Howdy, all!

This is a Kellison FV kit that was never assembled. The first owner hung the front beam, and just set the body up on top of the frame. He passed away about 40 years ago, and the whole shootin' match just sat in a storage container until about ten years ago.

Then, I got it, with the plan to put it together and do some Vintage Vee racing. But, other stuff (aka divorce) kinda' got in the way.

So, I've decided to let it go. It's just been too long, and I've kind of 'staled out' on the deal. In fact, I've got so apathetic that I didn't even bother to clean stuff up for pics.

What you get:

Frame... as originally constructed. Will probably need tabs welded to mount things like fuel tank, body, etc.
Front beam
Seat
Steering column w/ old 3 spoke wheel
Bodywork... all there; there's a couple places on corners of body tub where my friend "Dave the drunk" bumped into it and cracked it :roll: I wasn't able to get it to show up in pics, but you'll want to get some resin and cloth and patch it.
Transaxle w/ rear radius rods

This is enough to put a rolling chassis together, with a core motor. But, you'll have to mount the body, and essentially build the car. The kit was never really assembled, so you're starting with something that doesn't have 40+ years of patches, hacks, and 'cowboy' fixes. You can put it together the RIGHT way the FIRST time.

I had a running dual-port core engine that I planned on using as a 'beater' to sort the car out with. Unfortunately, the cover came off it in the shed where it was stored... so who knows what's up with it now. Maybe the lower end is still good; maybe it's a giant paperweight.

I also picked up a couple other old VW engines (I think one is a 40HP 1200 which would be right for vintage vee); they're just cores. There's also some spare parts I've acquired by grabbing everything VW that I could pick up for cheap/free (some brake parts, generators, etc). Some of it is going to be useable; some not.

Anyway, I'm looking for $2000 cash, or trade for a street bike project.

Here's a few pics to get your appetite... email thecarfarmer - at - gmail.com or call 206-718-BILL for more!

seduce the attractive... charm the rest
wjnielsen
Pro
Pro

Re: 1967(?) Kellison Formula Vee kit

Post by wjnielsen »

Fifteen views...

not even one "whoa dude, you're waaaaaay out of line - I'll give you three hundred cash money"?

I think I'm probably reasonable on the price; if you don't think so, then I'm open to being shown comparisons.

-Bill
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

Nope... He is in the ball park. ($2000). A Kellison has a lot of Vintage FV racers interest. If I were you (OP) I would post it on the SR Racing Formula Vee web site. It will go quickly. sracing.com (See for sale and wanted section) Call us at the number listed for assistance.

Jim
SR Racing
wjnielsen
Pro
Pro

Post by wjnielsen »

Hey Jim,

Thanks much; will post it up there!

-Bill
oldschoolrest
Re: NOT ... a Kellison Formula Vee kit

Post by oldschoolrest »

That is definitely NOT the Vee designed and sold by Jim Kellison.....Kellison used an offset steering box, so the body had a "bump" on the left front where the box was located.
Kellison Vee bump.jpg
. This body is not even close to a Kellison design. Also, see their brochure. Dave Perry OldSchool Restorations of North Alabama USA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wjnielsen
Pro
Pro

counterfeit Kellison? Keyboard jockey/troll!

Post by wjnielsen »

oldschoolrest wrote:That is definitely NOT the Vee designed and sold by Jim Kellison.....Kellison used an offset steering box, so the body had a "bump" on the left front where the box was located.
Kellison Vee bump.jpg
. This body is not even close to a Kellison design. Also, see their brochure. Dave Perry OldSchool Restorations of North Alabama USA
I confess: those Kellison stickers on the inside of the body are all part of an elaborate ruse...

Sorry, dude, either it's a Kellison, or somebody went to entirely too much trouble to fake something that nobody would have cared about forty years ago when this went into storage.

I've got a car here with a manufacturer's name on parts. So, any conjecture as to why multiple body panels would be so marked? And, I did see a pic somewhere of a '66 or '67 Kellison that did look a LOT like what I have. Just because you've dug some pic up that looks different doesn't mean my car is fake, or that I'm a liar.

Showing a '69 Nova, you could call a guy with a '67 Nova a liar, too.

As far as I'm concerned, this is just a project that's staled out, and now is in the way. I don't give a damn if it's a Kellison, Zinc, or Henway. I'd like it to find a new home.

If someone is interested, I'll be glad to show it to ya'. If you can help me get a better ID on this, I'd be more than happy to be able to offer a more accurate description.

Oh, and oldschoolrest, perhaps you'd like to claim that I faked the stickers in the body, or am responsible for global climate change and/or the Lindbergh kidnapping. Troll.

-Bill
wjnielsen
Pro
Pro

Post by wjnielsen »

Here's a link to a pic of another year Kellison. It's in an ad on the SR Racing Formula Vee site:

http://www.sracing.com/ForSale/moore3.jpg

It must be part of the 'vast right wing conspiracy' as well.

-Bill
oldschoolrest

Post by oldschoolrest »

No I didn't say you were a liar. Give me a zip code and a decent price , I could be interested.

all I said was it's NOT a Kellison Formula Vee... has NO resemblance to a Kellison body OR chassis ..go look at the Kellison website..and look at the pictures and Kellison ads

Moores car , on the SR site, has been much modified , according to him.

Here's a Kellison Formula Vee....not 'some pictures'....it's mine
ck 442v .jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wjnielsen
Pro
Pro

Post by wjnielsen »

SOLD