Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: Joe illegal

Post by CamKing »

CamKing wrote:Oh, yea, YahooAnswers, that's reliable.
I don't know how your spanish is, but this is a good read, and a lot more reliable source.
http://convergencia.uaemex.mx/rev38/38pdf/LIZCANO.pdf

Another good read is "Racial admixture in a Mestizo population from Mexico City"
Only in Oklahoma, would they teach you that Spain isn't part of Europe.

Before Spain, you had the Aztecs. Please tell me how many Aztec ruins have been found in the U.S. ?
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

what are you going on about? was my point that sorely missed or is your reading comprehension that bad?
That was my point EXACTLY .. Spain IS European, Light skinned people... =D>
I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
West Siloam Dispensary
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

F1Fever wrote:what are you going on about? was my point that sorely missed or is your reading comprehension that bad?
That was my point EXACTLY .. Spain IS European, Light skinned people... =D>
Nice back peddling. :roll:
Sorry, but your ignorant liberal point was that the mexicans have a claim to this land because they were here long before we were.
I've pointed out that that is 100% false, and you're full of krap.

Mexicans did not exist before the spanish cross-bread with the Aztecs.
The Aztecs did not come as far north as the U.S.'s current border.

Again, it's been proven that you're just talking out your arse.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus »

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.
Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash 'under the table.'
Ready? Now pay attention..
Very informative economic analysis. Now lets look at the rest of the picture.

Joe Legal gets paid $52,000 a year. In addition, his employer must pay vacation, unemployment comp, workmans comp and FICA which could easily exceed $10,400 a year bring his total cost up to $62,400. The current economic conditions do not permit the contractor to obtain projects at this wage rate and so must reduce his labor force or reduce the number of hours that are being worked. This makes the union very unhappy and the contractor suddenly has union problems. In many cases, he cannot compete at all and must close his doors.

Jose gets paid $31,231 a year without vacation, unemployment comp, workmans comp and FICA. Total cost to employer is $31,231. This lower wage cost allows his employer to successfully bid on projects and maintain a full work force and (god forbid) perhaps even make a profit with which to expand and hire more workers.

Jose now has full and steady employment and has received benefits equal to about $19,200 from the government in addition to what his employer pays him.

Joe must pay taxes and union dues on what he earns. The government has levied taxes on Joe's earnings of about $20,769, or about the same as the government has given to Jose. Joe's disposable income is much less than Jose; Jose can put much more money into consumer purchases which drive the economy.

If Jose did not exist, Joe's employer could still not obtain construction projects at the prevailing labor rate and might go out of business, Joe might work reduced hours or be laid off, and the government would not obtain the $20,769 donation which is necessary to squander wherever it might choose. All three are suffering.

But if Jose shows up for work, Jose is happy, his employer is happy, and Joe and the government are suffering. The government can simply borrow more money to maintain their expensive squandering habits. But Joe is screwed.

Now if Joe agrees to work for the same wage as Jose, he will have a steady job, more disposable income, his employer will be happy and only the government will get screwed. Of course, Joe will not get a vacation, no social security when he retires, might have trouble getting a mortage or a car loan and get beat up by his former union buddies.

The government will initially raise taxes to replace lost income. But taxes are paid out of profits and neither Joe, Jose nor their employer are making any money since all are out of work and now the government has no income to squander. The next step is for the government to tax assets instead of income. Joe's boat, lake cottage, and his home will face increased taxes called personal property taxes. Joe's employer will find increased taxes on his yacht, his Porsche, seaside condo and stock portfolio.

Jose will pick up his accumulated assets and skate to Mexico where he will live like a Prince for a few years. Then the jealous locals, too lazy to work in the US will rob him blind in a fit of envy and revenge.

The government will eventually even find it difficult to borrow more money. To pay off the existing massive national debt, inflationary policies will be installed to devalue the currency and make debt repayment possible. The valuless dollar will not have the purchasing power necessary to buy imported manufactured goods. And since the US no longer is capable of manufacturing any product whatsoever (sporting events, video games and iPads still sell like hotcakes), we will gradually do what every former great power before us has done.

Sink into the twilight of obscurity and neglect.

But wait, there is more.
Sensing that the value of US assets have sunk to incredibly low prices in huge numbers, none of which can be sold because mortgage funds are not available, (these assets are available at slightly more than back taxes due) the Chinese government begins to purchase US properties. And then the Arabs and Jews swoop in to pick over the bones and snap up remaining parcels at fire sale prices.

Who does Joe work for now?
Joe and Jose both work for $15 per hour with very limited government benefits and greatly reduced taxes. The contractor can obtain competively profitable work at reduced prices, throws the union out, and keeps the doors open with full employment. The government skimps and gets by with limited taxes adequate only to run minimal government services without social safety net largesse. Everyone lives within their means and productive capacity,and we can once again compete with the rest of the world.

Always be careful what you wish for... you may get it.
David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus »

The official notification delivered to the contractor was short and to the point; in order to be able to bid on future construction projects funded in any way, directly or indirectly by the government, minority hiring quotas for blacks and women must be observed without exception. Resigned to his fate, our contractor looked for new employees in order to comply.

He found three: Jomal, Jozie, and Josf.

Jomal Islegal was a hoops star in Hya Skuul and planned on a NBA career; he didn’t need to read or write and needed just enough math skills to keep score of the game. He got a basketball scolarship to a local junior college and flunked out almost immediately upon arrival. He needed a job.

The government policy insisted on full prevailing union scale; $25/hr with full benefits even though Jomal did not know which end of a screwdriver to hold. It quickly became obvious that Jomal could not carry his end of the beam and friction (and fights) developed with co-workers. Jomal began hitting the sauce before noon on Fridays and was too hungover to work on Mondays. Soon tools, materials and even wallets were missing. The police discovered crack cocaine in the company pickup truck used by Jomal and the company vehicle was confiscated by the DEA. Jomal was fired for cause and immediately applied for unemployment compensation. The hearing officer (she was a fellow traveler) thought he was cute and awarded unemployment comp even though Jomal was not entitled. The contractor now was forced to pay higher unemployment insurance rates.

Living on unemployment, while being paid more than the hours typically previously worked, Jomal hung on the corner with the boyz. When unemployment checks ran out, he joined the gang and started pushing crack cocaine and heroin in the hood. Things went very well for a time. Jomal made a six figure income (tax free), drove a very expensive sports car and had the local ladies begging for more.

And then he was shot and killed by a rival gang member who took over his turf.

Josie Beleegal was a sister from the hood who said she could read, write and had computer skills…sort of, if eubonics qualifies as a language and video games count as computer skills.

Josie worked in the office as a receptionist but could not be understood by clients, sub-contractors and the office staff. She blamed the white bitches in the office and the “man” but could not learn the simplest of tasks.

Just as everyone’s patience began to run out, Josie announced that she was pregnant and demanded 12 weeks maternity leave (with full pay). She took the money instead. She then accused the contractor of sexual harassment caused by a fellow employee (Jomal, now long gone). The hearing officer agreed and the contractor was found negligent, apparently for not tracking Josies activities on and off the job. It was expensively settled out of court.

Josie had found the promised land. She decided she no longer needed to have a job, she kept having more kids (by various dudes), spent the welfare checks on hootch and crack and vowed never, ever to work again. She had reached the American Dream.

Josf Legalsky was an immigrant from Polslavia where he had learned to read and write and even a little English. He agreed to work for minimum wage ($10/hr cash) which was even less than Jose.

Josf worked every day; arrived early and stayed late. He volunteered to work overtime even during the World Series, World Cup and NBA playoffs. He quickly learned how others worked and found ways to do the job quicker and easier. He never spent a dime; banked every cent and even brought his own lunch. In time he bought a three flat, lived in the smallest apt and rented the other two to pay the mortgage and taxes. He was never late in his payments.

The foreman noticed his outstanding work ethic and suggested Josf be made a team leader on the night shift. This was too much for his co-workers (who had urged him to slow down) and the union who demanded Josf be fired or made to join the union.

Josf reluctantly quit. He then took on odd jobs and handyman projects in the neighborhood. Soon he needed to hire a helper. And then several more as his workload increased and more jobs were referred his way.

In time, Josf owned his own contracting company, bought several more three flats, bought a dozen run down houses in the hood, fixed them up and sold them at a very nice profit. Josf was rolling in money, making investments in the community and lending money to banks. His former employer, the contractor, had trouble making ends meet. He closed up shop and took a job as General Superintendent working for Josf. They still laugh about the old days over vodka with beer chasers.

And so the question now becomes: Who would you hire?
Joe, Jose, Jomal, Josie or Josf?

Or perhaps even more important: Who is going to hire you?
mike walsh
Expert
Expert

Post by mike walsh »

Nice posts David and probably closer to the truth than any of us want to know.
I have seen the exact scenarios play out right here in Tuscaloosa with ex-tide members, and it happened so fast it'd make your eyes bleed!
This thread has gotten me talking with the boss at work about what exactly it costs to have me employed. If I don't produce 2 times my wage, he is losing money. To be profitable he likes to see 4 times that wage, and I want a raise!!!!
So what are others thoughts on "under the table" employment?
mikeeebikey@yahoo.com

Drag racers prayer:
As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

"Jose can put much more money into consumer purchases which drive the economy."

NO!! he sends it back home!

pdq67