Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

SWR
Guru
Guru

Someone have a truck?

Post by SWR »

Asking for a team that I sponsor. Preferably a dualie or other fairly big one - Crew Cab is great, diesel one is a plus - that our team could rent / borrow / buy / steal anywhere not too far away from SoCal as that will be the base of operations. The mostly Norwegian team - Japan Auto - will be working with FSR Motorsports Creations www.fsrmotorsports.com in Montclair, CA. The driver's web page is www.fredricaasbo.com if you want to check it out, great guy and a true driving talent as he's beaten Pro's with 10-12 times the amount of money in the car and probably 20 times our budget in his rookie season, a full season next year might be his big break. :)

It's needed from ...well... just about now until November for this season, and from April next year until November. We're most probably running a full Formula Drift season next year - on a really tight shoestring budget - and the sponsors gets the basic things we need for the races except food, lodging etc... and hence we dearly need a truck for just about anything while we're there - hauling the race trailer and a spare engine to the races, getting the occasional burger, getting parts etc.

If we can borrow or rent it for these periods of time for a decent amount of money by any kind individual we will of course serve it and get it back to you in no worse state than we got it. We bend it, we mend it. Period.

Any suggestions or ideas welcome. If you have an option for us and want to discuss with the Team leader / driver himself let me know and I'll have Fredric Aasbø call or email you personally.

Thanks for any help.

Bjørn Deildok
SWR Performance Engineering
Norway

Proud sponsor of the Team Japan Auto / FSR Motorsports Creations / Falken Tires Toyota Supra in Formula D 2009/2010.
SWR
Guru
Guru

Re: Someone have a truck?

Post by SWR »

I would guess someone here atleast would know of places or shops in California to look for a decent truck..? Can't afford being ripped off or getting a truck that needs a full rebuild before we need it... :(
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

Penske? Ryder?
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

May also check at construction equipment places, ask about leasing a truck.