SMI Carbs Sean Murphy Induction any good?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

drifter
Expert
Expert

SMI Carbs Sean Murphy Induction any good?

Post by drifter »

Has anyone tried a SMI 500 cfm 2 bbl carb from sean murphy? He says they give a money back garnetee if you have another that runs better?

What about Quick fuel's 500 cfm 2 bbl are they any good?
blackford
Pro
Pro

Re: SMI Carbs Sean Murphy Induction any good?

Post by blackford »

I have used him twice. He has done a good job both times. The latest carb I got about 4 years ago...a 750 HP for my 331. I had it dyno'd along with air/fuel monitoring and the AF was almost right on. I could have left it alone, but I went ahead and up'd the jets by 1 on primary and secondary. I did have to change the PV from a 4.5 to a 7.5 to fix a off idle stumble. Otherwise good to go.
65 Mustang FB, 331 custom built with 289 H beam rods and 383W piston, 282S cam, Ported Maxx 180s, T5z, 9" 3.89 gears. ~460HP@6500

2013 Corvette 427 Convertible daily driver
JWRE
Expert
Expert

Post by JWRE »

I have a couple of customers who use him for q-jets and 4150's. Both claim better results than their previous carb builders.
Robbie DeVane
Pro
Pro

Post by Robbie DeVane »

drifter wrote:Has anyone tried a SMI 500 cfm 2 bbl carb from sean murphy? He says they give a money back garnetee if you have another that runs better?

What about Quick fuel's 500 cfm 2 bbl are they any good?
Hell, I will take that bet any day of the week. What class do you run and what are the rule's for the carburetor?

www.devanecarbs.com
DeVane carburetors are precision assembled and calibrated to YOUR combo. Are you ready for the next level of performance?
drifter
Expert
Expert

Post by drifter »

Carb has to be a 4412 gage legal they check the ventuirs & throttle plate size
Robbie DeVane
Pro
Pro

Post by Robbie DeVane »

Yep sounds like the same rule's as every other track that run's the 2bbl's. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm the best but I do know that my stuff make's real good power. And for somebody to say that they have a money back guarantee, If you have something else that run's better is pretty much saying that they are the best. And I'm sorry I didn't see Dave Braswell's or Mike Laws's name's anywhere.

www.devanecarb.com
DeVane carburetors are precision assembled and calibrated to YOUR combo. Are you ready for the next level of performance?