aces fuel / oil treatments

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Moostifer

aces fuel / oil treatments

Post by Moostifer »

was reading a tech article at stockcarracing.com (link below) about engine break-in, and the author mentioned ACES. Did a google and found their site (link below). Just wondering if anyone on here has used this stuff or if you think it's just hair elixer?

http://www.stockcarracing.com/techartic ... index.html

from author...

"Here is how it apparently works. First, this additive (now commercially known as American Clean Energy Systems or ACES) must be mixed in very low concentrations with the fuel. When the combustion cycle takes place, the additive burns into a high-grade synthetic lube that coats the cylinder walls from the topside down with a lube layer just a few molecules thick. Remember, on the way down, the rings scrape much of the oil off the bores. The lube component is spread thinly on the bores with this additive, so on the way up, pistons and rings should not even touch the bores.

Over the years I have found this additive to be really effective at prolonging the life of rings and bores. Given a top-notch air filter, 2,000 racing miles result in near-zero wear on rings and bores. Last year, I tore down the engine from my GMC Sierra tow truck. The intent was to install a valvetrain and heads to complement the Magnusson supercharger that was to be subsequently installed. This engine had 106,000 hard miles on it (and I mean hard). I followed my own advice here, and as with all my other engines, the result was near-zero wear. This engine went back into the truck with the original factory rings and bearings!"

http://www.aces-america.com/

from ACES...

Up to 20% Fuel Consumption Reduction
Up to 66% Reduction in addmissions
Up to 10% Horsepower Increase
Up to 10% More Torque
Faster Starting
Reduces Blow-by by 40%(Reduces by 85% when used with ACES III)
Increases Lubricity(Gives you a wet start)
Antigel Pour Point Enhancement to -19 F
Biocide That removes Algae, Fungus and Bacteria
Cleans Injectors, Pump, Lines and Cylinder Chamber
Octane Increase by 9 Numbers
Moostifer

Post by Moostifer »

also found this site, seems to be more current than the other...

http://www.americancleanenergysystems.com/
jacksoni
Guru
Guru

Post by jacksoni »

Always wonder about claims that reduce something more than 100% ( cylinder wear reduced 600%- I guess that means were being built up) and therefore all claims are to be considered bogus. If they can't even get the english right, the science is likely not far behind. Should we just append this to the 110 mpg car thread?
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

This product appears to be the same material as the Oil Extreme TK7 additive discussed extensively by David Vizard in his MotoTec magazine and at least one of his books: http://www.oilextreme.com/motortec_article.html

Certainly enough data and detail to allay the scepticism of most engine builders..
Last edited by MadBill on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
Moostifer

Post by Moostifer »

mbrooks
Expert
Expert

Post by mbrooks »

MadBill wrote:This product appears to be the same material as the Oil Extreme TK7 additive discussed extensively by David Vizard in his MotoTec magazine and at least one of his books: http://www.oilextreme.com/motortec_article.html

Certainly enough data and detail to ally the scepticism of most engine builders..
that's what i was going to say, sounds like tk7. b n d used to sell the tk7, maybe they've changed the name, like to see a pic of the bottle, sometimes they remain the same. wonder if the oil has some of the properties that makes the tk7 additive work, they were working an additive for oil/grease when i talked to them last.
bobqzzi
Expert
Expert
Post by bobqzzi »

It is total lies. The claims are preposterous. Reducing bore friction to 0 wouldn't improve fuel mileage 20%.

66% percent reduction in emmissions huh? Somebody should tell the EPA about that.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Unfortunately few marketeers can bear to let any product, however meritorious, stand merely on its actual accomplishments, so hyperbole is rampant (i.e: BS is everywhere) Naturally in the minds of experts this undermines the credibility of everything associated with the product.

Forgetting the math-challenged claims excesses of the ACES site, the Vizard article appears credible and makes the product (whatever its current name) appear worthy of evaluation.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
bobqzzi
Expert
Expert
Post by bobqzzi »

MadBill wrote:Unfortunately few marketeers can bear to let any product, however meritorious, stand merely on its actual accomplishments, so hyperbole is rampant (i.e: BS is everywhere) Naturally in the minds of experts this undermines the credibility of everything associated with the product.

Forgetting the math-challenged claims excesses of the ACES site, the Vizard article appears credible and makes the product (whatever its current name) appear worthy of evaluation.
Well put
razor66

Re: aces fuel / oil treatments

Post by razor66 »

I was considering trying the ACES IV fuel catalyst and was wondering if anyone has tried it and if so what were your results?

http://www.aces-worldwide.com/aces4.html

http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/931760.htm
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re:

Post by Kevin Johnson »

MadBill wrote:Unfortunately few marketeers can bear to let any product, however meritorious, stand merely on its actual accomplishments, so hyperbole is rampant (i.e: BS is everywhere) Naturally in the minds of experts this undermines the credibility of everything associated with the product.

I do not know if it is the same formula. I suspect not. Some of the same chemistry could be involved.

I researched one of these products that might be amazingly similar where the basic research was sponsored by the DOE. The resulting patent was worded in such a way as to conceal the military applications unless you use your kopf. You need to infer this and then look up, say, hydrated molecular melting points versus anhydrous.

Likewise with the CAT test. I suspect that trace elements were present but conveniently overlooked.

You have to look a bit beyond the information that is presented particularly when trade secrets or military applications are involved.

I'll ignore mathemagic marketing figures for a good ole patent search and citation drill down any day. :lol:
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
wbclassics

Re:

Post by wbclassics »

MadBill wrote:This product appears to be the same material as the Oil Extreme TK7 additive discussed extensively by David Vizard in his MotoTec magazine and at least one of his books: http://www.oilextreme.com/motortec_article.html

Certainly enough data and detail to allay the scepticism of most engine builders..
Two of the items discussed in the Vizard article are the high TBN of the addtive and also the ability to dissolve greater amounts of a calcium based additive into the oil. While I won't get into the merits of the additive, the general trend of recently introduced name brand oils (like Pennzoil Ultra and Castrol Edge) is toward higher TBNs with higher calcium counts than previously was common just a few years ago.
mbrooks
Expert
Expert

Re: Re:

Post by mbrooks »

Kevin Johnson wrote:

I do not know if it is the same formula. I suspect not. Some of the same chemistry could be involved.

I researched one of these products that might be amazingly similar where the basic research was sponsored by the DOE. The resulting patent was worded in such a way as to conceal the military applications unless you use your kopf. You need to infer this and then look up, say, hydrated molecular melting points versus anhydrous.

Likewise with the CAT test. I suspect that trace elements were present but conveniently overlooked.

You have to look a bit beyond the information that is presented particularly when trade secrets or military applications are involved.

I'll ignore mathemagic marketing figures for a good ole patent search and citation drill down any day. :lol:
bnd sold the tk7 before the aces brand. my guess is it is the same stuff, different name.

tal made an additive for the nos guys to put in their fuel under a different name also that used the exact same 5 or 6 oz. bottle but i can't remember the name or find it now. they were charging 2x the price of the tk7 at the time, about 10 yrs ago, and was good for quite a bit more hp when added to the fuel.

last i checked the tk7 brand military stuff was about 50% more cost, the aces brand follows that pricing.
razor66

Re: Re:

Post by razor66 »

mbrooks wrote:
Kevin Johnson wrote:

bnd sold the tk7 before the aces brand. my guess is it is the same stuff, different name.

tal made an additive for the nos guys to put in their fuel under a different name also that used the exact same 5 or 6 oz. bottle but i can't remember the name or find it now. they were charging 2x the price of the tk7 at the time, about 10 yrs ago, and was good for quite a bit more hp when added to the fuel.

last i checked the tk7 brand military stuff was about 50% more cost, the aces brand follows that pricing.
Sounds like it might be worth trying then. I will plan to do so and will report back if I am able to determine any benefits or not.
mbrooks
Expert
Expert

Re: aces fuel / oil treatments

Post by mbrooks »

i don't see pricing on their wesites. what are they charging. i might be able to help you out. they make it in oklahoma city and i don't live too far from you. i have gallon quantities or could sell you the smaller 5 oz. bottles. i have used it personally for about 15+ yrs when i read the vizard article and could buy it from the manufacturer and still can but they don't do that anymore for the general public. i think they considered me a distributor when they closed their doors but i never aggresively sought to sell the stuff.

if i was doing the emc thing i would definitely consider breaking in the engine on this stuff, you could even run it on the additive up until the contest and probably see benefits during the dyno testing. i was told for racing you can use up to a certain amount and not see it in the fuel, the guy i talked to mixed race gas and pump gas with the additive and saw benefits, the officials knew he was using something but couldn't see it when they tested the fuel. i put some of the race stuff in my kart fuel one time and the test did show it a little hot though, i think i was using 2 or 3 oz to the gallon.