Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

brket racer
Pro
Pro

My New Free website

Post by brket racer »

Hey everybody check out our new FREE,no cost to us,website.I know its not perfect but we're not done yet.Let me know what you think.

http://stevecoxracing.com/default.aspx
Last edited by brket racer on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

for free, that's excellent! :)
I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
West Siloam Dispensary
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

website

Post by ALKYAL »

hello, looks good for a start-up. Only abvice is to keep it fresh and add to it on a regular basis. Nothing turns visitors off more than visiting for the 3rd time or so[4/6 wks apart] and seeing the same STUFF. I know its alot of work, but its very necessary. [I know because I must keep on my son about his!] Al
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
wbclassics

Re: My New Free website

Post by wbclassics »

brket racer wrote:Hey everybody check out our new FREE,no cost to us,website.I know its not perfect but we're not done yet.Let me know what you think.

http://stevecoxracing.sports.officelive ... fault.aspx
Go register a proper domain name for your company (ie stevecoxracing.com). You've probably seen enough of Danica Patrick to know where to go to get a domain name.

If Officelive won't let you setup your own domain, your name registrar will likely allow you to setup domain forwarding (maybe for an extra small fee). So stevecoxracing.com forwards to your officelive site.

Pointing visitors towards stevecoxracing.com is a much more professional and shorter / easier than that URL above. Not to mention that if you ever leave OfficeLive, you don't to go about redirecting everyone to the new address as you'll forever (as long as you pay) be in charge of the content that stevecoxracing.com points to.

Domain name registration is something on the order of a $8 a year, they might get you for $2-3/month for domain forwarding.

Kai
brket racer
Pro
Pro

Post by brket racer »

Thanks for the advice wbclassics and comments guys.
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

If you do go the proper route and get yourself a domain name you'll probably need a host also. Most will charge around $80 a year, and for a site like yours that is wayyyy overkill.
I've searched for years for cheap reliable hosts and I found this site (referral link)
The girl that runs it is named Katrina, very helpful and it's plenty large enough to handle a forum or wordpress install and a good amount of traffic. It is where I host my site.

also, i like to use namecheap.com for my registar, 24/7 live support, free parking, free url redirects, free forwarding, free whois block, I think there is even free ssl included .. and if you use the code SNOWNEEDLE when registering a domain you can get a small discount.

so basically for under $20 a year you can be fully in control and a 100% owner of your site and it's content.
I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
West Siloam Dispensary
brket racer
Pro
Pro

Post by brket racer »

We now have a domain and registered our url with yahoo,bing and google but they said it could take months before their search engine accepts our url.How do we speed up the process?
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

it shouldn't take months, we do offer seo services if you like.
or search google for seo and you should find some good tips.
West Siloam Dispensary
brket racer
Pro
Pro

Post by brket racer »

Thanks for the info.
brket racer
Pro
Pro

Post by brket racer »

F1Fever wrote:it shouldn't take months, we do offer seo services if you like.
or search google for seo and you should find some good tips.
You are right it only took two weeks.
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

sounds good, if you have a google account you can set up your google webmaster tools next. They will ask you to upload a file or place a meta tag in your header. Once verified you can track what people use to find your site on google, page load times, page errors and more. it's a pretty nice service they offer.
You can also submit a sitemap to better help google find pages of your site.
West Siloam Dispensary
AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

the price is right
Cheston Phillips
96 Impala SS
05 Silverado
brket racer
Pro
Pro

Post by brket racer »

AdioSS wrote:the price is right