Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

drifter
Expert
Expert

Any FORD tecs here 03 explorer air bag?

Post by drifter »

I have a 2003 ford explorer bought it with the curtain air bags exploded from a wreck drivers bags are not exploded.Ofcoarse the air bag light is on my question is if i get a air bag computer from a explorer that doesnt have the curtain air bags can i make the light go off on the dash?

Question 2 i do not have the combination for the drivers door to enter the car without the key i know i can pay the dealer to tell me the #'s to press to get in the car but i wanted to see if the #'s for the combo are hidden somwhere in the car i can look for?
Cogburn
Expert
Expert

Re: Any FORD tecs here 03 explorer air bag?

Post by Cogburn »

I have seen on Iatn that the numbers for the door are on a module in behind a panel in the left rear.

If you go to Iatn they may be able to help you with the airbag problem. If you sign up for a technician account all the emails in the knowledge base are searchable. It will cost you 55$ but may be well worth it. :wink:

If you just sign up you will probably be able to post a help request and might get your answer.

http://www.iatn.net/
drifter
Expert
Expert

Post by drifter »

Ok i found the door combo out the card was in the gloove box with the # on it so now just the air bag question.This explorer had side curtain air bags and they have gone off so now the air bag light is on i know some explorer didn''t come with the side bags so i just want to get the light off so the front air bags will still work I wanted to know if i get a air bag computer from a explorer that didnt have side bags will my light go out?
Noob
Pro
Pro

Post by Noob »

you seem to not care about replacing the side curtain airbags and just trying to make the bulb go out. The fronts should work even with the computer issue. Why not just knock out the bulb? I mean gauge cluster.. certainly alot cheaper that mixing and matching ecus... [-X
Mech Engineer
north florida engine/suspension tuner
Fabrication
drifter
Expert
Expert

Post by drifter »

The light is on so that mean the system will not work for the driver & pass bags i want them working for now and if i find some side ones ill replace them later