Re: private messages

Post by tjs44 »

Thanks,got it!Tom
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

Just noticed that a ton of my PM's seem to be gone... it doesn't seem to accept more than 50 in each folder, whereas it was 100 before, and I was into the 90's in each folder... :cry:

Would help a ton to be able to have 250 or so in each, as I know I suck at "cut and paste" the info that I need to keep, it's just easier to log on and check the PM box...
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by speedtalk »

SWR wrote:Just noticed that a ton of my PM's seem to be gone... it doesn't seem to accept more than 50 in each folder, whereas it was 100 before, and I was into the 90's in each folder... :cry:

Would help a ton to be able to have 250 or so in each, as I know I suck at "cut and paste" the info that I need to keep, it's just easier to log on and check the PM box...
I just checked, you're right, the new default is 50. The old ones are probably gone for good. Sorry.
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

speedtalk wrote:I just checked, you're right, the new default is 50. The old ones are probably gone for good. Sorry.
No worry, I'll work around it. Most of the guys that PM'ed me I can contact again and regain the info I need. As 50 is the default now, would it be possible to change it to a bigger number, preferably 200 or so..? All my folders are already stuffed full with what was there from before.. [-o<
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
Wolfplace
Guru
Guru

Post by Wolfplace »

SWR wrote:
speedtalk wrote:I just checked, you're right, the new default is 50. The old ones are probably gone for good. Sorry.
No worry, I'll work around it. Most of the guys that PM'ed me I can contact again and regain the info I need. As 50 is the default now, would it be possible to change it to a bigger number, preferably 200 or so..? All my folders are already stuffed full with what was there from before.. [-o<
Here is what I do
Copy the important ones or any you wish to keep for reference to a notepad or whatever,
I copy them to a new message along with my reply in OE so I can spell check & then I save them in a folder under the person's name so I can find them again along with any emails I may get from them too

Works for me & keeps my folders here empty or close to it
Good news is I have them,, bad news is,,,, I have them :lol:
Mike
Lewis Racing Engines
4axis CNC block machining

A few of the cars I have driven & owned
A tour of my shop
The Dyno
And a few pics of the gang

"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid"
John Wayne
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by speedtalk »

Wolfplace wrote: Here is what I do
Copy the important ones or any you wish to keep for reference to a notepad or whatever,
I copy them to a new message along with my reply in OE so I can spell check & then I save them in a folder under the person's name so I can find them again along with any emails I may get from them too

Works for me & keeps my folders here empty or close to it
That's how I do it. I have a folder called quick text on my desktop -- I can just drag and drop
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin